IDFC Bonds allotment and future infrastructure bond issues

by Manshu on November 17, 2010

in Fixed Deposits

I’ve received a few emails about when applicants will receive the IDFC infrastructure bonds, and since the company didn’t announce when this will happen before hand – people have been wondering when they will get the bonds.

Readers Ajay, Loney, Satish, Nageswara, Sandeep, Sangram, and Subhro (among others – it’s a really big thread so I couldn’t include all names) have left comments sharing their bond status, and that helped a great deal in getting an idea on what’s going on with this.

A big thank you to all of you for keeping everyone informed!

I don’t think everyone who applied for the IDFC Infrastructure bonds is subscribed to the comments on that post, so I thought I’d create a post from the information shared by these folks.

Let’s take a look at some of the more important points from that thread:

1. Allotment took about 3 weeks: The bond issue closed on 22nd October, and people have only started seeing the bonds credited to their demat accounts, so the time from issue closure to the actually seeing the bonds has been around 3 weeks. This will form a good reference for other infrastructure bond issues in the future.

2. Not everyone has received the bonds yet: There seems to be some mechanism by which bonds are being gradually credited across applicants, and not everyone has received these bonds yet. If your account has not been credited yet, then there is no need for alarm, as people have only recently started seeing bonds credited, and it might still take a few days for it to appear for you.

3. NSDL sent an SMS about credit of IDFC Bonds: The depository – NDSL – had sent a SMS letting people know that the bonds have been credited. However, the bonds were not visible in the account immediately. So even if you received the SMS that doesn’t necessarily mean you will see the bonds in your demat account as well.

4. No one has received the physical certificate yet: The people who have reported getting the bonds have all applied through a broker, and have demat accounts, and none of them have received the physical certificate yet. So if you have applied without a demat account, then it might take longer still for you to get the physical certificate.

Don’t press the panic button if you haven’t received the bonds yet because you are not alone, and there are several others whose money has been debited, but the bonds haven’t been credited yet.  My guess is that you should start seeing them in your demat account in the next few days.

Future Infrastructure Bond Issues

Some of you have also expressed dismay at the fact that you missed this and the L&T issue, but were interested to buy the bond for tax saving and other purposes.

The good news for you is that IDFC as well as other issuers have said that they are going to come out with more such issues towards the end of the fiscal year because that is when most people are actively looking out for tax saving vehicles, and they are likely to do a lot better at that time than now.

Finally, some people have written in asking if it’s better to wait out for a higher rate of interest than investing in this offer.

I honestly don’t know what issuers are planning for the future, based on the lukewarm response, they might sweeten the deal, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

I’d say don’t lose perspective of the fact that the primary benefit of this is of tax saving. If you’re able to wait and get a bond which offers a percentage higher, and you invest the maximum Rs. 20,000 in it – that means an additional 200 bucks extra in a year; what is that worth to you? How many hours of Googling and speculating is it really worth?

This is a personal decision really, but something worth keeping in mind the next time you speculate on whether you should wait or go ahead with it. And once again – a big thank you to all of you fine guys who left comments and kept everyone informed!

Manish Kumar Sharma November 17, 2010 at 11:14 pm

How would I come to know about the alottement of Bond?

Is there anyway to find out on any site against application no.?

Please revert.

Manshu November 18, 2010 at 7:35 am

Manish, you will have to look at your demat account, and see if the bond shows credited there. People owning different accounts have left comments on how to see and based on which account you use – you can check out the relevant comment.

You might want to use Ctrl F because of the large number of comments there.

nilatpal chakrabarty November 18, 2010 at 4:17 am

i have applied for Rs 20000 in IDFC bonds.i do not have DEMAT A/C.how many days would be required roughly for the delivery of physical certificate?

Manshu November 18, 2010 at 7:31 am

Well, there has been no news on when these will start showing up, so can’t really say with confidence. I haven’t heard anyone get a physical certificate yet, so you’re not alone Nilatpal.

Naveen November 18, 2010 at 8:11 am

If I had applied for the bonds for just 5 years with buy back option opted, will it still qualify for Tax Saving under 80CCF

Manshu November 18, 2010 at 8:18 am

Sure Naveen, you will get the benefit regardless of which series you opted for.

Naveen November 18, 2010 at 9:04 am

Thanks Manshu, was worried as my company Finance team had updated that the bonds should have a time period of >=10Years, which seems to be incorrect . So ideally if its >=5 Years we should get the tax benefit

Manshu November 18, 2010 at 9:18 am

That’s the first time I’ve heard anything about it, and that info doesn’t seem accurate to me. The IDFC as well as L&T bonds are advertised and sold as having 80 CCF benefits, and the series someone chooses shouldn’t have a bearing on the tax exemption this year.

Please keep an eye out for the physical certificate as no one seems to have received it yet. If possible, please leave a comment here when you receive the certificate as others are also looking out for theirs, and this way everyone will be informed. Thanks!

Naveen November 19, 2010 at 1:45 am

sure… However, I have applied through Reliance Securities. Though, I did get an SMS long back stating that I have been allotted IDFC Bonds, its not visible in my Demat Account. Also, not sure if we would get some sort of Physical Certification, which can be used for Tax exemption.

I am following your thread on the FAQ link as well, lets hope we get some sort of confirmation letter atleast.

Sundar November 18, 2010 at 11:54 pm

I see the bnds reflecting in my DP demat acct, but havent received in physical frmat.
Please clarify Even for demat holders, will they send physical bonds?

Manshu November 20, 2010 at 7:48 am

Sundar,

A reader in another thread has said that Sharekhan has advised that they will not send a physical certificate so please head over to this post, and look at the comments section – that will give you an idea of what different brokers have said, and compare it with your own broker to see what to expect.

ROHTASH KUMAR JAIN November 19, 2010 at 3:03 am

I have applied 4 nos IDFC infrastructure bond on 11.10.2010 for Rs.20000/- vide icicidirect.com against application no. 12007772 and dmeat a/c no. 40864889 but till now I have not received any information regarding allotment and I have not received the certificate.
My Address has been changed so please send me my certificate on my new address as given below or send through email: rohtash.kumar.jain@dmrc.org

My New Address is as given below:
384-A/2, Ground Floor,Gali no.-16,East Azad Nagar,Delhi-110051
PH:011-22096742,09810577018

I required physical certificate /Proof for submission in the office against Tax exemption.

thanking you,
ROHTASH KR. JAIN
09810577018

Manshu November 20, 2010 at 7:46 am

Please look at your DP holdings, and the bond should show up there. Also you need to contact ICICI Direct call centre to change your address, leaving a comment here will not get that done.

Here is the link to their numbers.

Jayantibhai C.Makwana November 19, 2010 at 11:21 pm

I have applied 4 nos IDFC infrastructure bond on 14.10.2010 for Rs.20000/- against application no. 3 4976819 and the amount has been debited from my account, but till date I have not received any information regarding allotment and have not received the certificate.
Please send through email: kirtimakwana85@gmail.com
PH:8000968534

thanking you,
Jayantibhai C. Makwana
8000968534

Manshu November 20, 2010 at 6:18 am

Hi Jayantibhai, I think you have left a comment here mistaking this for IDFC website, but this is not their site, and I think your best bet is to contact the agent / broker who sold you this.

Dr Mithun November 20, 2010 at 3:13 am

HI, I invested 20000/- in idfc through demate acount as well my dad has invested for physical form altough i received msg from nsdl thta bonds has been credited. i cant see it in my demate account and alos there is no news for my dad’s application????? : ( : (

Manshu November 20, 2010 at 6:14 am

Dr. Mithun, please head over the IDFC FAQ thread (link: http://www.onemint.com/2010/10/12/idfc-infrastructure-bonds-faq ) to see where you might see your bond details, since people with different accounts have written where to go to see this. I think you have received the bonds, but aren’t able to see them in the right place yet.
I hope your dad gets some notification soon.

Pradeep November 22, 2010 at 3:37 am

I had purchase 4 bound in Physical Format, the amount has been debited from account, but there is no infomation from IDFC side. you have any idea what’s doing no or if you have any connect details where I can check about the bounds ?

Manshu November 22, 2010 at 3:40 am

Please take a look at the link I shared above for an earlier post because there are a lot of people who have commented on their status, and future course of action.

Ravi November 23, 2010 at 2:55 am

Just wanted to let you know – I got the IDFC bonds in physical form yesterday – 22/11/2010.

Manshu November 23, 2010 at 6:59 am

That’s great news Ravi. Thanks a lot for leaving a comment and letting everyone know! Appreciate it.

Ramachandran November 23, 2010 at 8:09 pm

I am very surprised at the way the allotment has been handled. It has been a month since the debit to the applicants’ account took place. When the whole process is electronic and almost straight thru (except for the issue of stock in physic form), this kind of delay is inexcusable. There is also no news about the bond in the IDFC website nor are any of the brokers to the issue forthcoming. The issuers seem to be under the impression that this level of servicing is adequate for the investors. I had expected a more professional approach from the HDFC/ IDFC group and am quite disappointed at the lack of clarity at all levels.

Rohit November 24, 2010 at 10:18 am

Since i did not have a demat account I have received the physical copies of the bond today. There was a slight issue that they did not post it to the address i gave in the form, they instead sent it to the address my PAN was registered with. That caused me some nuisance at my end. Got to update the PAN address immediately.

Manshu November 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Thanks for letting everyone know Rohit!

Santanu November 28, 2010 at 7:48 am

Hello All,
I have received my physical certificates. Same as Rohit in a different address and with diffrent bank details…
To Rohit, Do we have any Mutual Fund Holding with any of the Mutual Fund House where Karvy is the Register and Transfer Agent? I guess what is happening they do not bother to input the data submitted in the form in their system and using the old data avialable in their system. I used to hold some MF units where Karvy is Register, and they used the same address and Bank details registered there… do not bother to take the address and bank details in the application form…

Manshu November 28, 2010 at 10:38 am

Thanks for your comment Santanu.

Rohit December 1, 2010 at 9:02 am

No Santanu
I do not have other mutual funds where Karvy is registar, and hence my bank account details are correct. But yeh, these guys have not taken the complete details from the application form (taking address from ITD is what i noted in my case)

Kavi November 24, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Okay, so, I checked on http://mis.karvycomputershare.com/ipo/ and found out that I have not been allotted IDFC infra. bonds. My guess is that my agent screwed up my demat account number on my application.

Whatever the case may be, any idea/experience in terms of how I’d get the refund – by post (physical check) or a direct deposit to my savings a/c? I had made the application in old-fashioned (paper app).

Thanks.

Kavi

Manshu November 26, 2010 at 6:46 am

Hi Kavi,

The prospectus says that they will send an account payee check or demand draft in case of refunds.

I don’t think anyone here has posted about getting a refund so no real experience yet. If possible, please leave a comment when you do get the refund so others know what to expect.

Thanks!

anish November 24, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I had applied for IDFC Infra Bonds worth 20K, but I had not been alloted the physical bonds yet. I’m not sure what my PAN address is. Any idea how to find out?

anish November 24, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I found out my address through the income tax site…but I need to update it. There is option to change the email and phone through the site but not the address. Can someone help?

Rohit November 25, 2010 at 8:04 am

Anish
These are the instructions listed below the PAN details in https://onlineservices.tin.nsdl.com

* If there are any changes in your name and/or address as mentioned above, submit Request for new PAN card or/and changes or correction in PAN data with any TIN-FC or online (www.tin-nsdl.com).

And i’m planning to submit a change correction in my PAN card.

jiwanjot kaur November 25, 2010 at 3:23 am

i have applied for idfc long term infrastructure bonds and my account has been debited on19th oct 2010 by idfc chandigarh but i have not received idfc infrastructure bonds in physical form yet kindly send me bonds of rupees 20000 because my account is debited on 19th oct 2010

punit November 26, 2010 at 1:17 am

I had applied for IDFC Infra Bonds worth 15K physical form, but I had not been recived any information reagrding this and not got any documents till date while 1 month and 8 days going on.please help for finding my status and document because i need to submit in my office for tax saving…………………….

thanks
punit

Manshu November 26, 2010 at 6:36 am

Hi Punit,

Please use this link http://mis.karvycomputershare.com/ipo/ and enter your application number to see if the bonds have been allotted to you at all. Most people have received the bonds in their demat account, so you should do this quickly, and check with your agent on what might the cause of your issue be.

Khaled Khan November 28, 2010 at 9:12 am

Thank you very much manshu for starting this forum,
I was very much panic about the status, i was getting no information from anybody.

Finally I could see in the http://mis.karvycomputershare.com/ipo/ my IDFC bond status,
I had also recived the SMS stating my Allotment.

Hopeing to recived pyshical form soon.

MA Khaled khan

Manshu November 28, 2010 at 10:38 am

Appreciate your thoughts very much, and thanks to all the great commenters who have left a message keeping everyone informed and helping people out.

Bhavana Jaiswal November 29, 2010 at 12:33 am

Can you pls. advise what I should submit to my office as investment proof for tax exemption? I’ve received the bonds in my DMAT account, but nothing else. has anyone received a certificate or something equivalent that can be submitted?

Thanks a ton for starting this forum. Helps a lot, esp. since the IDFC website itself hardly has any customer support helpline!

Manshu November 29, 2010 at 8:09 am

Some ICICI Direct customers have received a physical certificate Bhavana, so if you receive a physical copy then you can submit that.

Otherwise some customers have been advised to submit a hard copy of their demat holdings page which shows that the bonds have been credited as proof.

And appreciate your comment, and I’m thankful to all the folks who have taken time out and left comments and answered questions of other readers too. Thanks a ton!

kusumdubey November 30, 2010 at 12:45 am

I HAVE PURCHES RS20000 L &T INFRASTRCURE BOND IN OCT 2010.
BUT TILL TODAY NOT RECIVED,MY DEMAT NO ID 12047200 00010502
PLEASE MAIL ME ABOUT L&T INFRSTCTURE BOND SENDING ME

Manshu November 30, 2010 at 4:16 am

Sorry, but no communication has been out yet.

Ravi December 4, 2010 at 3:02 am

L&T Infrastructure Bonds – sms received about transfer to demat account in wife’s name. checked Demat account of wife today. The Bonds are there.
In case of IDFC bonds in physical format , they may be alloacted but bond not received if there is missing information on application – like missing proof of residence. A form has been sent by IDFC to be filled and sent along with missing informations.

Manshu December 4, 2010 at 3:55 am

Appreciate your response Ravi – You’re the first person who left a comment about receiving L&T bonds, and I think others will receive the bonds now too.

Great thanks!

Bhavana Jaiswal November 30, 2010 at 7:09 am

I received my physical copy today 🙂 just thought I’d let you know!

Manshu November 30, 2010 at 7:38 am

Thanks for leaving the comment Bhavana. I appreciate that. I’m looking at your other comment about the allotment but haven’t replied yet because I wanted to check on something first. Will reply in a few hours.

Satish December 1, 2010 at 4:01 am

I have not yet received yet physical copy of IDFC Bonds and also not yet credited to my ICICI DMAT account either. I sent email to karvy and IDFC Bond – contact email but not yet confirmed. It is already too late. Not happy with the service.

Manshu December 1, 2010 at 8:06 am

You will probably need to give them a call Satish. Just emails don’t work as well. But yeah, they should have been more pro-active about it.

Shinoj Jose December 3, 2010 at 4:01 am

I opted for physical form and not DEMAT. I recieved my bond certificate on 24 November. It came by a registered post. Just thought of sharing with the readers. 🙂
Thanks and Regards,
Shinoj Jose

Manshu December 3, 2010 at 7:44 am

Thanks for taking the time out, and leaving a comment Shinoj. Much appreciated.

Pradeep December 3, 2010 at 7:57 am

I apply for Physical form of Bound, but till now no infromation, I try to call them Karvy but no body is picking up the phone & I try in IDFC side as well but there is no response, I wrote the email as well but same result, Is any body knows that any phone number which we have get touch base to them. any info ???

Pradeep December 3, 2010 at 7:58 am

add to that, I check karvy link, its shows me bouds is allocated to me.

Manshu December 3, 2010 at 10:34 am

So looks like the bond has been allotted to you, but the papers are still in the mail or something. You could wait a while, or call Karvy’s local number in whichever city you are. They’re sure to pick up eventually, as various other people have been able to contact them.

R.N.SANKARAN December 5, 2010 at 2:34 am

I APPLIED FORIFDC INFRASTRUTURE BONDS FO RS.20000 THRO.IDBIBANK

Boomboom December 6, 2010 at 2:52 am

I have received both IDFC and L&T bonds in my demat account. But not yet got any physical allotment letter for IDFC.

Mitul December 8, 2010 at 11:17 pm

I checked on the Karvy website and I have been alloted the IDFC bonds. But till now it has not been credited in my Demat account.

Where should i check or whom to contact?

Manshu December 9, 2010 at 9:13 am

Check out the comment section of this post Mitul as people with different trading accounts have described where to look for the bonds, and you might find details for your account there.

Mitul December 23, 2010 at 3:43 am

Manshu, Thx for reply..
I have my account with Indiabulls. I checked with them but the bonds are not there in my demat account.
Also checked with HDFC guys, from whom i applied for the bonds. But no luck.
I have also emailed to varghese@karvy.com; einward.ris@karvy.com but haven’t received any reply.
Even i have not received the allotment letter. It is just that i can see the bonds alloted to me on the karvy website.
Its really frustrating.. what is the next thing i can do to get these bonds or refund?

Ankur Goel December 15, 2010 at 10:35 am

Need help , I applied for IDFC Infrastructure bonds and till date i have not received the same. When I checked with broker i came to know that Bonds were despatched to the wrong address and they have wrong A/c Number as well. I don’t know whom should i contact to get the bonds , secondly whom should i contact to get the changes done.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur Goel

Pradeep December 17, 2010 at 1:43 am

hello Friends,

Good News , By using below link you can directly download your bounds. just you need to provide the your Application No. bound with you on few sec…..

nisha December 20, 2010 at 4:43 am

IFCI infrastructure bond is closing on december 31 2010. It is a very good opportunity to claim tax exemption on additional Rs 20,000. Infra bond is better option than SIP for 5 years.

manisha trivedi December 22, 2010 at 4:38 am

I had applied for IDFC Infrastructure bond. I have lost my application number slip. Is there anyway I can find out allotment advise by anyother way? I need to submit allotment advise for my tax purpose.

Bibhu December 24, 2010 at 5:06 am

I had applied for the infra bond 20K through my HDFC Sec demat account . I have not yet got the certificate as my address has been changed during this time. 20K is seen in my demat as infra bond investment .

How can i get the copy of the certificate ?
Pl help

Bibhu

N Ramanathan December 27, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Really worthy comments…. i also following up for my IDFC Infrastructure bond….keep share your information. so that others will not get panic.

Ram

Manshu December 28, 2010 at 8:30 am

Thanks for your comment Ram – I’m really glad about the comments too, and it’s great to see people come out to help out others on their own.

V PURUSHOTHAMAN December 28, 2010 at 7:27 am

My application No.61627900 IDFC LIMITED BONDS. So far I have not received the certificates. I have to show these certificates to my office to avail additional facility of Income Tax. Kindly provide me the allotment advice letter and certificates. My address: 401, B/3 Riddhi Park CHS Ltd., Cholegaon, MIDC Road,
Thakurli East, Dist.Thane. Maharashtra, Pin: 421 201.

Manshu December 28, 2010 at 8:37 am

There was a great comment by Shubho on this earlier so let me just copy paste that here again:

“The best thing to do is to find the nearest Karvy computershare office

(http://www.karvycomputershare.com/) and call them up. You can also

check your application status on the site

http://mis.karvycomputershare.com/ipo/ using your Eight (8) digit IDFC

Long term infrastructure bond application number. this should be on the

top right corner of the receipt of the application you got from your

Agent. You can also try calling up Toll free 1-800-3454-001 or

+91.22.43422885.

Hope this helps,
Shubho”

Geetha Rani December 28, 2010 at 11:43 pm

I D. Geetha Rani, So far IDFC bonds are credited to my account, application Number- –deleted–

Manshu December 28, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Thanks for the info Geetha!

SUMAN GUPTA December 29, 2010 at 3:02 am

My application No.2432816 IDFC LIMITED BONDS. So far I have not received the certificates.

Vijay Kumar January 4, 2011 at 5:03 am

I have applied 4 nos IDFC infrastructure bonds for Rs.20000/- through icicidirect.com dmeat a/c no. 8501171819 and get 4 bonds for that but till now I have not received my bond no. or document proof for further submission to my office for income tax rebate .
Please send me my certificate through email: bijoykr_1980@rediffmail.com
PH:9817610231
thanking you,
VIJAY KUMAR

Nikhil January 17, 2011 at 2:22 am

is there any way that we can get in touch with IDFC for the physical bonds? I’ve not received them and need to submit the same to the my office for tax exemptions.

Manshu January 18, 2011 at 2:28 am

Nikhil, If you have the application number then you there is a webpage that you can use to retrieve the bond, else you can Google up Karvy’s office number nearest to you, and get the bond. Here is the link which you can use to retrieve the allotment advice.

Nikhil January 18, 2011 at 2:44 am

I incidently, don’t have the application number as well handy. I was actually never given the acknowledgement receipt by my agent and because the bonds were credited to the demat, i didn’t follow up as well. Stupid of me but that is how it is right now. Is there any other way? may be by using the DPID or something of that sort?

Manshu January 18, 2011 at 5:16 am

I’m sorry Nikhil, but I don’t know the answer to that question. I’m sure there must be another way because I suspect there will be quite a few people in the same boat as you, but I don’t know what else to do but to approach Karvy and check with them.

Nikhil January 19, 2011 at 12:30 am

I did that. Their phone numbers are always busy and no one replied to the email.

BTW, my agent found out the application number somehow and I got the allotment advice from the link you had shared.

Thanks for the help!

Manshu January 19, 2011 at 6:49 am

Nikhil – I really appreciate the fact that you took time out to respond to each comment individually even when you weren’t seeking info. It doesn’t happen as frequently as it should – thank you for taking time out to leave these comments, and I’m glad you found the application number.

Nikhil January 19, 2011 at 9:35 am

You guys are running a really nice and informative forum here. I really appreciate the good work you are doing.

N Ramanathan January 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Dear Nikhil,
You can take the IDFC-Bonds Allotment Advice in the below link, it is fare enough to submit to IT exemption.

Manshu January 18, 2011 at 2:36 am

Thanks for helping him out.

Nikhil January 19, 2011 at 12:31 am

Thanks for the help Ramanathan. I got my allotment advice. Thanks a lot.

anilkumar prahladbhai patel January 25, 2011 at 8:54 am

i have apllied for physical form of IDFC infrastructure bond

Manshu January 26, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Do you have a question about it Anil Kumar?

Amitesh Khandelwal January 26, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Hello,

I applied for IDFC Infra bonds via a broker who claimed to work for HDFC bank. I eventually got the bonds allotted as I can see them through the bank website. However I did not get the physical copy of the bonds. The statement downloaded from the HDFC bank site does not mention that the bonds are eligible for 80CCF tax benefit and hence the proof got rejected by my company.
I wrote to infrabond@idfc.com and also sent reminder but no reply 🙁
Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced the receipt that I got by the broker so I don’t have the application number.
When I search on the http://mis.karvycomputershare.com/ipo site using PAN or Cliend ID/DP ID option, I get some weird server error.
The helpline number on the IDFC site is useless.
Is there anyway out by which I can get a proof to get the tax benefit?

thanks and regards,
Amitesh.

Manshu January 27, 2011 at 8:52 am

Hmmm, well I don’t know another way Amit – sorry. But isn’t your company being a bit unreasonable? I mean if you have the proof that you own the bond, why should the same piece of paper tout its tax benefits also. If that’s the case can you staple a brochure of the thing that mentions the tax benefit?

And I don’t recall now whether the allotment advice itself spells out the 80CCF benefits? Can someone refresh my memory please?

Nikhil January 27, 2011 at 9:23 am

I just checked mine and it does refer to 80CCF on the allotment advice.

Manshu January 28, 2011 at 5:36 am

Thanks for checking that Nikhil – appreciate that.

Amitesh Khandelwal January 28, 2011 at 6:11 am

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll try to reason with them 🙂
but any idea why the site is broken? Is it working fine for others?

Manshu January 28, 2011 at 6:21 am

Oh no, everyone else has got theirs from the application number as well. When you put your DP number there, the system tries to look that up against the application numbers it has, and so you see the error.

Ramanathan January 27, 2011 at 12:09 am

could you please arrange the comments in the descending order like new comments should come first and in the rest should follow.. It will help to see the new comments immediately once opened the web site.

Manshu January 27, 2011 at 8:23 am

Ramanathan – thanks for your suggestion – the thing is that for most new people it is easier to browse through comments from top to down (older to newer), and that’s how most forum threads, and newspapers etc. are also kept.

I will however look for an option where it gives the user an option to determine how they want to see the comments ordered. Thanks for your feedback.

V . Ramadoss January 27, 2011 at 2:19 am

I have applied for IDFC infrastructure bond . When I will get the bonds?

Manshu January 27, 2011 at 8:22 am

People have got the bonds some time ago, so you should’ve too. Did you apply in physical form or through Demat? Do you have the application number with you?

Ali Sabir February 1, 2011 at 5:33 am

I had applied for four Bonds (4 nos.) in demat form. On November 04,2010, a sum of Rs.20,000/- (Rs.Twenty thousdand only) was debited from my a/c with Axis bank Ltd. through the cheque no. 127745 of Axis Bank Ltd., Sikandara Bagh branch, Lucknow. The bonds were required to be sent to subsriber’s address- N-11(B), Sector -N, Aashiyana, Lucknow-226012. But sorry to inform that I have not received bonds in physical form so far even after lapse of 3 months. Please look into it and send on the same address if undelivered.

Manshu February 1, 2011 at 6:47 am

Please talk to your agent. This is not IDFC or agent’s website.

RAKESH February 5, 2011 at 12:21 am

I had applied for four Bonds (4 nos.), a sum of Rs.20,000/- (Rs.Twenty thousdand only) was debited from my a/c with Axis bank Ltd. which address they send? PAN address or whatever i have written in my form?

Nikhil February 5, 2011 at 2:47 am

They should come at the address mentioned in the application. PAN card number is generally taken only for verification purposes and to make sure that there is no money laundering.

RAKESH February 7, 2011 at 1:06 am

I had applied for four Bonds (4 nos.) in physical mode, a sum of Rs.20,000/- (Rs.Twenty thousdand only) was debited from my a/c with Axis bank Ltd. I want to know how many days will it take to issue bond?.i have applied on 24/01/11.

SACHINANDAN DAS ADHIKARY February 8, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I had applied for four Bonds (4 nos.) , a sum of Rs.20,000/- (Rs.Twenty thousdand only) was debited from my a/c with HDFC bank Ltd. I want to know how many days will it take to issue bond?.& bond status.

Y N PANDEY February 9, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I have applied for4 nos IDFC infrastructure bond through my broker (Karvy Stock Broking Limited) on 18.10.2010 for Rs.20000/- against application no. 41350700 and the amount Rs. 20000/- has been debited from my account. When I enquired from the broker for the allotment and physical certificate,it was found that the demat account no shown in my applicatin was incorrect.Accordingly I sent my correct demat account no 21172178 alongwith a copy of demat account master list and a copy of application.Also I have sent all my correct informations through e-mail, but till date I have not received any information regarding correction, allotment,credit in my correct demat account,physical certificate and confirmation of the same.
Please send through email: yagyapandey@rediffmail.com
I urgently need the physical certificate /Proof for submission in the office against Tax exemption upto 10.02.2011.
thanking you,
yours faithfully
Y N PANDEY
Mob : 09450963066

prakash February 14, 2011 at 3:57 am

Anybody inform me when IDFC bond will alloted, i have applied for4 nos IDFC infrastructure bond on 24/01/2011.. its urgent.

Suparno February 25, 2011 at 8:54 am

Dear Manshu,

your inputs are very helpful. Here I have a typical problem with IDFC bond certificate I have received through E- mail from Karvy, and dont know how to resolve this.

Karvy has issued the certificate and allotment letter with my application no and to some other person’s name and address is mentioed on the certificate. I am not sure that’s a typo error or what?

Please advice

Manshu February 25, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Hmmm, well this is going to be a headache for you now 🙁

You will have to check with Karvy first, and see what they say.

MAHENDRA KUMAR DWIVEDI March 1, 2011 at 10:59 pm

DEAR SIR
I HAVE INVEST 20000 RS. FOR IDFC INFRABOND BUT I DONT HAVE RECIEV ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OR HARD COPY OR EMAIL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.
AS PER MY PAN NO. IS
KINDLY REPLY THE SAME OF ISSUE. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.