Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana – Application Form & List of Banks to Open an Account

by Shiv Kukreja on March 4, 2015

in Investments

This post is written by Shiv Kukreja, who is a Certified Financial Planner and runs a financial planning firm, Ojas Capital in Delhi/NCR. He can be reached at skukreja@investitude.co.in

It has been over a month now since the government launched the “Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana” on January 22nd. But, no authorised public sector bank has the details or the application form of this scheme till date to help investors open an account. Even the post offices are not providing the application form or the details of the scheme easily.

On behalf of the general public, I would like to ask the government why do we announce such schemes when we do not have the basic infrastructure to help those for whom these schemes are being launched? I know I’ll not get any reply, but I really want to know when will our governments or public sector offices start working in an efficient manner?

Why don’t we privatise our post offices, banks or such other public sector organisations which have been operating highly inefficiently for years and years now? If we cannot privatise these organisations due to political compulsions, why don’t we make them improve their efficiency levels?

Yesterday I posted various salient features of this scheme and today I received a few emails asking for the list of banks where this account can be opened. I also got queries asking for the application form to open an account. Here is the extract of one such mail.

Hello Mr. Kukreja,

I just read your article and your views over Pradhanmantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. It was fabulous to read. Very clear and understanding information.

Actually i need a help or say favour from you. Am trying to get the Account Opening Form of above said scheme, but i didnt find any. Could you pls mail me the form of the same, so that without wasting any time i can proceed with the investment.

If you say that, collect from the post at nearby my residence, well sir i have inquired but they have none.

So its a kind request to you.

Overall thanks once again for your information and guidance.

Application Form for opening a Sukanya Samriddhi Account in a Post Office

To open an account under this scheme, the application form is still not available on the website of India Post. However, you can use this application form for getting your account opened with any of the post offices. I have downloaded this form from the website of India Post itself. Though this application form is still not updated, with ‘SSA’ missing on the top of this form, I have been told that the post offices will not refuse to accept this form.

However, here is one more link to the application form with which you can download the updated application form.

You can also print the application form from this circular of the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications & IT, dated January 21, 2015. This circular also has the Notification No. G.S.R. 863(E) dated December 2, 2014, having all the rules & regulations of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. This circular has the application form on the 9th page.

List of Banks which have been authorised to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account

Here is the list of scheduled commercial banks which have been authorised to open accounts under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana:

* State Bank of India (SBI)

* Bank of Baroda (BoB)

* Punjab National Bank (PNB) – Website Link – Contact No. – 011-25744370

* Bank of India (BoI)

* Canara Bank

* UCO Bank

* United Bank of India

* Andhra Bank

* Allahabad Bank

* Indian Bank

* Corporation Bank

* Central Bank of India

* IDBI Bank

* Dena Bank

Once these banks upload the application form on their respective websites, I’ll share the links to their forms in front of their names.

I am sure many of you must be facing difficulties in getting the required information about this scheme and also you would be in a hurry to open this account before the financial year ends. I would advise you to approach post offices as of now because some of the banks will take their own sweet time to get their branch personnel updated. I am sure you will get the option to migrate to the bank of your choice at a later date.

If you get any useful info/link regarding this scheme or have any of your good/bad experiences or any query, please share it all here.

pawan kumar January 5, 2017 at 11:08 AM

sir hamne apni bitiya ka account bank of india salem pur lucknow me kholwaya tha jo ki ab bank k adhikari bol rahe hai apka account switch ho gaya h isme apka rupaye nahi jama hoga ham ab kya kare
please help me

Ashutosh sharma January 11, 2017 at 8:00 PM

sir i am ashutosh i have taken ssy scheme in bank of india. my questions are-
1. how to calculate years from the birth of child or take it from financial year.
2. if i have epf account, my sallary is 60k if i am income tax payee, these all things have any relation with ssy scheme. have any restriction you may not deposited. plz give me sugestion.
i want to deposited 50000 per annum .. is there any problem .. i am eligible or not i except that there should not be any monetery loss with the amount

venkat January 12, 2017 at 5:12 PM

hi sir
I have NPS Tyre 1 account can my baby join in Sukanya samruddi yojana scheme

neha January 29, 2017 at 9:17 PM

I have received one msg from state bank of india full year you have to pay 1000 rs that means 14 years is 14000 and after 21 years you will get 600000 u will get is this true ..I m confused Wether it’s monthly 1000 or yearly 1000

Surjit April 25, 2017 at 5:29 PM
Sreenivasulu April 27, 2017 at 7:43 PM

Monthly

narayan May 22, 2017 at 11:01 AM

You will pay monthly 1000 rupees

Manoj sharma February 4, 2017 at 3:06 PM

sir
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account open karne ke lye SBI branch mein account hona jaruri h ya nahi? As per SBI manager SBI bank mein account hona jaruri hai.
please Reply me.

kiran banka February 5, 2017 at 9:06 AM

My baby 6 month old can I open this account

Mahesh February 5, 2017 at 7:14 PM

My sister age is 1year is she elgible for this n how we will apply for this if she is eligible

dharmendra February 23, 2017 at 12:45 PM

Sir bank ya post office m SSY account open karte h to kya dono ka interest rate( bank or post office) ka same h ya alag alag h.

Malreddy March 29, 2017 at 5:57 PM

Plz send Sbh was from

Naveen April 9, 2017 at 8:53 PM

Hello Sir,
Hope you are doing great!
I would like to know that if I can check balance in my SSY account online anywhere. As we know some people specially agent are not submitting amount in policy. And at last when you go for money at maturity then you know they have not submitted your money to policy. Post office also has many private worker they keep change. How we ensure ourselves that our money is going to right place and there is no chance to be cheated.

Naveen

Naveen April 9, 2017 at 8:54 PM

Hello Sir,
Hope you are doing great!

Naveen

Krishna April 25, 2017 at 3:44 PM

Sir , i have opened SSA in SBI and POST OFFICE. I want to cancel in SBI and continue in POST OFFICE. What can I do now

Shaik mahaboob basha May 5, 2017 at 3:23 PM

If we open the account in this year (2017)
Where we have to open in banks or post office which is better .
Please reply

Vipul Mehta May 9, 2017 at 4:05 PM

When interest get credited in SSY account if my account is with BOB ?

Please reply

I have not yet get interest credit in my account ?

Ratanaram May 16, 2017 at 7:59 PM

Suknya samriddhi youjana

saroj May 23, 2017 at 2:17 PM

My daughter date of birth is 27.10.2004 can we open her sukanya samridhi account in post office . My cont no is => 9711365891 , 9953636251