Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana – Application Form & List of Banks to Open an Account

by Shiv Kukreja on March 4, 2015

in Investments

This post is written by Shiv Kukreja, who is a Certified Financial Planner and runs a financial planning firm, Ojas Capital in Delhi/NCR. He can be reached at skukreja@investitude.co.in

It has been over a month now since the government launched the “Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana” on January 22nd. But, no authorised public sector bank has the details or the application form of this scheme till date to help investors open an account. Even the post offices are not providing the application form or the details of the scheme easily.

On behalf of the general public, I would like to ask the government why do we announce such schemes when we do not have the basic infrastructure to help those for whom these schemes are being launched? I know I’ll not get any reply, but I really want to know when will our governments or public sector offices start working in an efficient manner?

Why don’t we privatise our post offices, banks or such other public sector organisations which have been operating highly inefficiently for years and years now? If we cannot privatise these organisations due to political compulsions, why don’t we make them improve their efficiency levels?

Yesterday I posted various salient features of this scheme and today I received a few emails asking for the list of banks where this account can be opened. I also got queries asking for the application form to open an account. Here is the extract of one such mail.

Hello Mr. Kukreja,

I just read your article and your views over Pradhanmantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. It was fabulous to read. Very clear and understanding information.

Actually i need a help or say favour from you. Am trying to get the Account Opening Form of above said scheme, but i didnt find any. Could you pls mail me the form of the same, so that without wasting any time i can proceed with the investment.

If you say that, collect from the post at nearby my residence, well sir i have inquired but they have none.

So its a kind request to you.

Overall thanks once again for your information and guidance.

Application Form for opening a Sukanya Samriddhi Account in a Post Office

To open an account under this scheme, the application form is still not available on the website of India Post. However, you can use this application form for getting your account opened with any of the post offices. I have downloaded this form from the website of India Post itself. Though this application form is still not updated, with ‘SSA’ missing on the top of this form, I have been told that the post offices will not refuse to accept this form.

However, here is one more link to the application form with which you can download the updated application form.

You can also print the application form from this circular of the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications & IT, dated January 21, 2015. This circular also has the Notification No. G.S.R. 863(E) dated December 2, 2014, having all the rules & regulations of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. This circular has the application form on the 9th page.

List of Banks which have been authorised to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account

Here is the list of scheduled commercial banks which have been authorised to open accounts under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana:

* State Bank of India (SBI)

* Bank of Baroda (BoB)

* Punjab National Bank (PNB) – Website Link – Contact No. – 011-25744370

* Bank of India (BoI)

* Canara Bank

* UCO Bank

* United Bank of India

* Andhra Bank

* Allahabad Bank

* Indian Bank

* Corporation Bank

* Central Bank of India

* IDBI Bank

* Dena Bank

Once these banks upload the application form on their respective websites, I’ll share the links to their forms in front of their names.

I am sure many of you must be facing difficulties in getting the required information about this scheme and also you would be in a hurry to open this account before the financial year ends. I would advise you to approach post offices as of now because some of the banks will take their own sweet time to get their branch personnel updated. I am sure you will get the option to migrate to the bank of your choice at a later date.

If you get any useful info/link regarding this scheme or have any of your good/bad experiences or any query, please share it all here.

SUVENDU BISWAS May 11, 2015 at 11:45 AM

My baby 9 month old.Can i open this account?

SUVENDU BISWAS May 11, 2015 at 11:47 AM

My baby 9 month old.Can i open this account.

Shiv Kukreja May 11, 2015 at 12:06 PM

Yes Suvendu, your daughter is eligible for this scheme.

Amit May 11, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Dear Sir
Suppose that i have open a/c SSA so can i deposit amount same post office or can i deposit amount in another post office any where in India ?

Shiv Kukreja May 11, 2015 at 1:33 PM

Hi Amit,
You will have to deposit money in the same post office where you have opened your account. If you want to deposit money in some other post office, then you’ll have to get your account transferred.

amit May 11, 2015 at 4:44 PM

dear sir,
mere pas nps tier-1 khata he, me apy khata khulawana chahata hu ?
kiya esa ho sakta he?

Shiv Kukreja May 11, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Hi Amit,
It is not possible for the income tax payers or people covered under any other social security scheme to subscribe to Atal Pension Yojana (APY).

krishna murari May 11, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Dear sir,

My self Krishna Murari.

Would like to know , Every one can open the account in any post office or in bank who has the child girl. Is this scheme is applicable for every one . It will not matter what salary they are getting. mean If I am getting 50,000 salary then in that I can open my account or not ???

What is ssa account.

pls advise..

Shiv Kukreja May 11, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Hi Mr. Murari,
Yes, anybody can open Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) for his/her daughter independent of his/her monthly income.

shalu mishra May 13, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Sir meri beti 7 saal ki hai agar hum 14 year take invest kart hai to kya hum beti ke 21 year ke hone par rupee nikal sake hai agar nikalte hai to 150000 invest karneperkitna milega

shalu mishra May 13, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Sir meri beti 7 saal ki hai agar hum 14 year take invest kart hai to kya hum beti ke 21 year ke hone par rupee nikal sake hai agar nikalte hai to 150000 invest karneperkitna mileage kyuki agar 21 ke bad niklega to wo28kiho jayagi aur Hume uni paisa Saadikarni hai

Shiv Kukreja May 13, 2015 at 1:06 AM

Aap apni beti ki shaadi ke time balance amount nikaal sakte ho, shaadi 21 ki age mein ho, ya 25 ki age mein, ya phir 19 ki age mein hi ho jaaye.

k surendra May 13, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Dear sir. Kindly tell me my daughter is 4 years old. I wants to open an ssy account for a month 1000. Then after how many years I need to deposit and when the maturity will done at the same time how much amount will I get.

Shiv Kukreja May 13, 2015 at 3:48 PM

You need to deposit money for 14 years and the account will mature after 21 years from the account opening date. Maturity amount will depend on your contributions and the annual rate of interest, which is not fixed – http://www.onemint.com/2015/04/03/sukanya-samriddhi-yojana-calculating-maturity-values-9-2-interest-rate-applicable-for-fy-2015-16/

suja May 13, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Shall we pay monthly payment by online in this account ,if possible pls give me the details

Shiv Kukreja May 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Post offices do not provide online transfer facility. If you want to open this account in a bank, then you need to check it with the bank whether online transfer facility is provided by them or not.

SK May 13, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Sir, I am Tax payer whereas my wife is not. Is it possible to subscribe for Atal Pension Yojana (APY) in the name of my Wife ?

Thanks ‘n’ Regards,
SK

Shiv Kukreja May 13, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hi SK,
As per the terms of APY, any citizen of India can subscribe to this scheme. However, if you are a tax payer or covered under any other social security scheme, then the government will not make any contribution to your account.

Gautam Kumar May 14, 2015 at 6:35 PM

The scheme Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana – (SSA) is quite Good after my deep study and it’s really a good investment for our daughter future there is no doubt. But only the problem lies is you this has been implemented in Post office that I don’t understand…Ruther its very good to open in a bank. Secondly the mode of payment or deposit is also not good i.e by cash/Cheque/DD which is not an easy task to maintain on monthly basis. As per me ECS facility would be very great and if we link the a bank account since we can sustain punctuality on deposit every month before 5th or some fixed date. If we think practically it will be very difficult to go deposit a fixed amount in SSA account either in post office or bank by standing in a queue every month. Hence the mode of deposit and organization should be improve so that in this current era we can have the facility of internet banking or ECS facility to run this SSA. Till now no bank has implemented this plan ….Request some of you who is having some link to approach in improving the SSA environment will help all the public of our country.

Shiv Kukreja May 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Hi Mr. Gautam,
This scheme is quite similar to PPF and there is no necessity to deposit money in this account on a monthly basis. You need to deposit money only once a year and it is perfectly fine if you deposit money more than once. ECS facility is not there with PPF account as well. But, as & when most of the banks get fully equipped to serve these accounts, they will definitely offer online transfer facility.

vivekkushwah May 14, 2015 at 7:13 PM

i am live in gwalior city mujheaapni choti sister ka account khulwana hai gwalior ke kis bank me account khulrahe hai please reply ku ki me roj bank me jaata hu bank bale roj taal dete hai bolte hai hamare yahan nahi khul rahe

Shiv Kukreja May 14, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Hi Vivek,
Even I have no idea which banks are opening these accounts in Gwalior. You can get it opened in a post office and after 6 months or so, get it transferred to some bank branch.

Heenaba sodha May 15, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Dear sir
Meri beti ki date of birth 7/7/2004 he ,
To kiya usko sukanya yojna ka labh mil salts he kiy ?

Shiv Kukreja May 15, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Hi Heenaba,
Aapki beti is scheme ke liye eligible hai.

Murali May 15, 2015 at 3:20 PM

I have Approached SBI and ICICI Bank for Opening Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account, however, they dont have a clue regarding the same. Can you suggest which bank from the above listed are accepting the Forms for Opening the account.

Thanks in advance.

Shiv Kukreja May 15, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Hi Murali,
PNB and IDBI Bank have started opening these accounts.

SUVENDU BISWAS May 15, 2015 at 4:01 PM

I have Approached State Bank of India ,Bank of India & United Bank of India in kalyani,nadia (W.B)Branches for Opening Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account, however, they dont have any clue regarding the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account. Can you suggest which bank in kalyani,nadia (W.B)Branches are accepting the Forms for Opening the account.

GOUTAM BISWAS May 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Shiv Kukreja May 15, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Hi Suvendu/Goutam,
Please visit PNB or IDBI Bank nearest to your place, they have started opening these accounts.

pradipta mishra May 15, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Dear sir i have a epf account please say me can i open a APY account?Another question if a person pay the amount for 10 years but after that he can not give the amount ,what will happen in this case.

Shiv Kukreja May 17, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Hi Pradipta,
Any citizen of India can subscribe to APY, but if you are already a subscriber of EPF, your account won’t get the government contribution.
If you stop contributing to this account:
1. After 6 months, your account will be frozen.
2. After 12 months, your account will be deactivated.
3. After 24 months, your account will be closed.

Jamal May 16, 2015 at 1:44 AM

Sir, i am from orissa, my question are
1-Supposed i will open ssa account in our near post office i will deposit money at time or monthly basic
2-My baby at now 2 year so how many year i will deposit
3-Suppose i will deposit Rs 500 every month , continues 18 years, than after my scheme are mature how much money i will getting that time

Shiv Kukreja May 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Hi Jamal,
1. Aapko SSY account mein saal mein ek baar paisa deposit karna zaroori hai, monthly nahin.
2. You need to deposit money for 14 years i.e. till your daughter turns 16.
3. At 9.20% rate of interest and Rs. 500 monthly contribution, maturity value after 21 years would be Rs. 3,17,327 – http://www.onemint.com/2015/04/03/sukanya-samriddhi-yojana-calculating-maturity-values-9-2-interest-rate-applicable-for-fy-2015-16/

santosh mishra May 16, 2015 at 12:25 PM

Sir my doughter s DOB is 28.05.2004. Is it mandatory to diposit for 14 years and if I want to Surender before maturity what type of loser will be.
Santosh

Shiv Kukreja May 17, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Hi Santosh,
Your daughter can withdraw it before maturity as & when she gets married. You need not deposit money beyond your daughter’s marriage.

chandan May 17, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Sir isme kya kya documents lagenge

Shiv Kukreja May 17, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Your daughter’s Birth Certificate, your id proof, address proof & 2 photographs.

vikas p kale May 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

my girl birthdate is 11-11-2003 can i submit this form for this yojna
please help us

divya May 17, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Hi sir is there any last date to open this account

Shiv Kukreja May 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Hi Divya,
It is an ongoing scheme and there is no last date as such for this scheme.

Kailash chandra muduli May 17, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Sir,meri beti ko abhi 5 saal hua.maine ssy account 15-05-15 ko open kiya.jab meri beti ko 16 saal honge tab maturity possible hai kya?

Shiv Kukreja May 18, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Nahin Kailashji, beti ki shaadi ya account khulne se 21 saal baad hi maturity possible hai. Beti ke 18 saal complete hone pe aap 50% balance nikaal sakte hain.

sandhya mourya May 18, 2015 at 4:03 PM

maire cousin ki date of birth 1/11/2004 h kya wo sukanya samridhi yajana ke lye eligible h.

Shiv Kukreja May 18, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Yes Sandhya, your cousin is eligible for this scheme.

Sanjukta Bhadury May 19, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Hello Mr. Kukreja

I have the following enquiry –
I want to make an annual deposit of 1 lac for my daughter (DOB – 4/4/2011). Can i deposit 50000 now while opening the account and 50000 later (after maybe 3 months). Is that possible.
Thanks a lot for all your valuable information.

Shiv Kukreja May 22, 2015 at 12:38 AM

Hi Sanjukta,
You can very well do so, there is no problem in depositing Rs. 50,000 now and Rs. 50,000 later.

KUNAL SULABH May 20, 2015 at 6:44 AM

SIR
CAN I TAKE BOTH YOJANA

Shiv Kukreja May 22, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Hi Kunal,
Which two schemes, you mean PMJJBY & PMSBY?

soumen ray May 20, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Dear sir,
My wife name is Jagriti mondal. My daughter name is supali roy .My wife want to open a ssa account.But postmaser said that my wife name jagriti mondal in voter card,and my daughter name supali roy in birth certificate.so it is not possible.He also said if voter card transfered in our gram panchyat then it possible.I have no marraige certificate.Please help.

Shiv Kukreja May 22, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Hi Mr. Ray,
In this case, the postmaster would have more info than us. Probably you can try it again by providing a valid proof in which your daughter’s name is there along with your wife’s name.

Sudhindra May 22, 2015 at 7:50 AM

Friends,
The good news is I opened SSYA in SBI @ Bangalore yesterday!!

Shiv Kukreja May 26, 2015 at 10:22 AM

That is great Sudhindra, thanks for sharing!

ARNAB KR.SEN May 25, 2015 at 5:43 AM

sir.my girl child d.o.b is 10.12.2004.now i open sukanya samridhi jojana in sbi.

Shiv Kukreja May 26, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Yes Arnab, you can get this account opened for your daughter.

HARDIK May 26, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Dear sir
my daughter born in india in 2012. However we have recently moved to overseas for job. can i open the sukanya samriddhi account for my daughter. if not, where shall i go to seek clarification

regards

Shiv Kukreja May 26, 2015 at 10:25 AM

Hi Hardik,
There is still no clarity in this matter. You’ll have to contact the Post Master of a post office for further clarity.

Sunil patra March 28, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Sir, I am sunil patra..i have a blessed a daughter on last month that is 22/02/2016..so want open a SSY account in SBI ..its possibly or not..bcoz now DOB certificate of daughter not made..so how can i apply..and its possibl to open account in SBI or not ?

Dhanalakshmi May 26, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Is Sukanya samriddhi and selvamagal semippu thittam is same?. What is the last date for opening this account

Shiv Kukreja May 26, 2015 at 10:28 AM

I have no idea what selvamagal semippu thittam is, so can’t really comment about it. Also, there is no last date as such for opening these accounts.

Mahesh D May 26, 2015 at 10:57 AM

parents,

Good news , I submitted form & all documents for SSYA in SBI @ MG Road Branch,Bangalore-01

Shiv Kukreja May 26, 2015 at 12:14 PM

That is great Mahesh, thanks for sharing!

satish May 26, 2015 at 2:43 PM

My niece is around 10.5 years and I am thinking to open SSYA as a guardian. The scheme is only for 14 years which means i will only be able to deposit for next 3.5 years. Is my understanding correct or will i be able to deposit monthly or yearly till the maturity(21 years)? Please some one help me to understand.
-satish

Shiv Kukreja May 26, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Hi Satish,
You need to deposit money for 14 years from the account opening date. Maturity will happen after 21 years from the account opening date or whenever your niece gets married, whichever is earlier.

sabzar May 27, 2015 at 11:13 PM

please tell me the details how much i have to deposit wheather i have to deposit monthly or annualy .so, kindly give me the full details as earlier as possible

Shiv Kukreja May 28, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Hi Sabzar,
You need to deposit a minimum of Rs. 1,000 and a maximum of Rs. 1.50 lakh every year. It is up to you whether you want to deposit it once a year or every month.

Pravin Tanwar May 28, 2015 at 1:27 AM

Respected Sir main yeh janna chahta hu agar koi apne beti ya niece ke liye yeh SSY leta hai aur do teen saal bad koi anhoni ho jaye bachhe ke sath toh kya jama kiye hua rupee wapis mil jata ya nahi agar milte hai toh Kitne??????

Shiv Kukreja May 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Pravinji, jama kiye huye paise with interest depositor ko waapis mil jaayenge.

Pravin Tanwar May 28, 2015 at 1:31 AM

Respected Sir aise hi koi aur yogna hai jisse hum apne aur family ke future ko financially strong bana sake.

Shiv Kukreja May 28, 2015 at 1:43 PM

Pradhan Mantri Jeevna Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Bima Yojana (PMSBY) & Atal Pension Yojana (APY) se aap apni family ko surakshit kar sakte hain.

nadeem May 28, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Sir Kya payment deposit cheque se krr skte h

Shiv Kukreja May 28, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Bilkul Nadeemji, aap cheque se amount deposit kar sakte hain.

nadeem May 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Sir beti k account m dete of birth 2 sal k bad ki dal di h jbki date of birth 20.7.2012 or account m unhone likh di 20.7.2014 kya ye shi h

Shiv Kukreja May 28, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Nahin Nadeemji, ye sahi nahin hai. Isko theek karwa leejiye.

JAINENDRA PRATAP SINGH May 28, 2015 at 3:28 PM

sir

bank of baroda me kab se account khola ja sakta hai

Shiv Kukreja May 28, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Jainendraji, Bank of Baroda mein kab se accounts khulenge, iski information mere paas nahin hai.

SUVENDU BISWAS May 29, 2015 at 2:47 PM

I live in kalyani,nadia,West Bengal.I open Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana & Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana through
e-Banking {(Hooghly-Keota-Latbagan(0542)}. My PMJBY POLICY NO-161475 & PMSBY POLICY NO- A0000000000000386031.I have no any hard copy document about those policy. Can you help me the next step can i do?

I shall be highly oblige if you help me in this purpose.

Your faithfully,

SUVENDU BISWAS
Kalyani,Nadia
West Bengal

Shiv Kukreja May 29, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Hi Suvendu,
You need not do anything about it, the bank itself would send you the details of your insurance policy status.

najimuddin May 30, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Sir mera nam Najimuddin h or mene abhi apni beti ka account khulwaya h. problem ye h k bachchi ki janm pattry m mera nam Nazimuddin likha gya tha account m b Yhi nam likha gya h . Ek word ki galti h .isko sahi krana zaruri h ya nhi . Agr sahi krna zaruri h to kese hogi. Mere sare record m nam Najimuddin hi likha hua h .

Shiv Kukreja May 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Hi Najimuddin,
Mujhe nahin lagta ki ek word ki galti se aapko baad mein koi dikkat aayegi, but phir bhi iski correction ke liye aapko bank/post office se sampark karna hoga.

sanjay modi May 31, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Very good information. Thanks for lot of FAQS.

Shiv Kukreja June 1, 2015 at 12:56 PM

You are welcome Mr. Modi!

Mohit jakhar May 31, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Hello sir,
sir, meri sister ke only 2 girl child h.
Ek 10 sal se niche or ek approx 11 year
sir haryana or by centre govt. Ladkio ke liye jo bhi scheme hai please details dijiye.

And sir
sukanya yojna me 21 sal se phle , marriage ke time , and girl will be 18 year
agar paise niklwana chahe to kaise hoga?

Shiv Kukreja June 1, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Hi Mohit,
Shaadi ke time is scheme se balance amount with interest withdraw kar sakte hain. Shaadi ke time beti ko ek declaration deni hogi ki shaadi ke liye paisa withdraw karna chahti hai.

Ritesh June 1, 2015 at 10:01 PM

sir,
i want to know that. I already save 150000 Rs. that is the maximum limit. Now if i save 100000 Rs. Annualy in ssy account. Can my limit of saving rose to 250000, Or i have to save money under ssy account under 150000 Limit?

Shiv Kukreja June 2, 2015 at 12:25 PM

Hi Ritesh,
Total exemption limit under section 80C is Rs. 1.50 lakh, including SSY investment.

VINOD KUMAR June 2, 2015 at 6:28 AM

First m contant bank for opening account???

VINOD KUMAR June 2, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Sir my baby only 2 days old how m apply this form

Shiv Kukreja June 2, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Get your baby’s birth certificate and apply for this account in any of the post offices or participating banks.

Urmil June 2, 2015 at 4:22 PM

As I wud like to open a SSY a/c in Bank of Baroda. But the bank ppl says they ve no details for the same. Can u plz help me on this.

Shiv Kukreja June 2, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Hi Urmil,
I am not sure how I can help you in this. But, if you are in a hurry to open this account, I think you should get it opened in some other bank or any of the post offices and later on transfer it to Bank of Baroda.

marko June 2, 2015 at 8:26 PM

sir sukanya yojna kya sbi ke sabhi branch me schime open ho gaya ka sir

Shiv Kukreja June 2, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Yes Marko, if not all, most branches have started opening these accounts.

Sudhindra June 2, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Guys please open the accounts in SBI and they are running out of applications. Please are being forced to get their own printouts and submitting it in Bengaluru.

Shiv Kukreja June 2, 2015 at 11:30 PM

That is how our public sector banks work.

Sudhindra June 2, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Guys please open the accounts in SBI and they are running out of applications. People are being forced to get their own printouts and submitting it in Bengaluru

Gagan Sharma June 3, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Hi Shiv Sir,
Should we file RTI in SBI Agra branch to ask that which sbi branch are offer SSY acct and why not they are opening it?? Coz every tym their reply is same that we dont hav any info regarding the same but few days back i read a post on ur blog that sbi at bangalore has started opening ssy acct.

Shiv Kukreja June 3, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Hi Gagan,
Please check this link, it takes us to the SBI’s website where they are inviting us to open this account with them and contact the Branch Manager in case you need any information – https://www.sbi.co.in/portal/web/govt-banking/sukanya-samriddhi-yojana

rahul singh June 4, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Incase unfortunately the girl child and Gradient both of them died then who get the Amount ?

Shiv Kukreja June 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Hi Rahul,
Legal heir of the depositor will get the balance held in the amount.

Vijay Singh June 7, 2015 at 3:16 AM

Hi sir
My daughter is 9 year old can you revert when account maturity year

Shiv Kukreja June 7, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Hi Vijay,
Maturity will happen in 2036 or when your daughter gets married, whichever is earlier.

Shrikant June 7, 2015 at 11:27 AM

I opened this account with SBI yesterday. The person at bank was very helpful in creating the account the same day.
She also informed that the passbook of this is not yet available, the forms being used to fill in the initial amount of Rs. 1000 is through the PPF form since there are no forms for SSS so far.
Also the understanding is that one has to open the account with Rs. 1000 only first, then put in remaining amount subsequently.
The returns on this account are to be decided on yearly basis, so it is possible that this interest rate can go down year on year but that is as per policy every year.
Hope this helps.

Shiv Kukreja June 7, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Thanks a lot Shrikant for your inputs!

Gagan Sharma June 7, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Hi Shrikant
Please inform which SBI Branch in which city are opening these accounts as SBI and Canara bank branch in agra are telling us that they are clueless abt any info on the subjrct.

Gagan Sharma June 7, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Hi Shrikant nd Shiv Sir

Shiv Kukreja June 7, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Hi Gagan,
We do not have information regarding SBI branches which are opening these accounts. But, they are saying all those branches, which accept PPF deposits, will also open SSY accounts.

Parveen Verma June 8, 2015 at 3:19 PM

I have opened Suknaya Samridhi yojna account for my daughter in March 2015.I just want to know after completion of 21 years who will get this money. Me or My Daughter? According to my knowledge my daughter will be owner and all money goes to her.
Here is my query is that both me and my daughter eqully should be owner at that time.

Shiv Kukreja June 10, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Hi Mr. Parveen,
You daughter will have the complete authority to claim the balance amount as she attains majority at 18.

preeti gupta June 10, 2015 at 3:25 PM

hello sir,
if my mother in law and me both want to operate the account in the name of my daughter ,then can we both do it together?

Shiv Kukreja June 10, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Hi Preeti,
Only one person is allowed to operate this account in the name of minor girl child.

Ashok Kalyanam June 11, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Hi Shiv,
Is there any such rule that a girl child who already has a PPF Account cannot open a Sukanya Samridhi Account?
As far as I understand, nowhere under the SSA rules does it state so. However, SBI seems to be suggesting that an individual cannot have two govt. accounts. Though they are a bit unsure yet whether it is a technical glitch in their software or indeed so.
Any clarity on this, thanks!
Ashok

Shiv Kukreja June 11, 2015 at 12:23 PM

Hi Mr. Ashok,
As per my understanding, there is no such rule which prohibits a girl child having a PPF account to get SSY account opened.

BHASKARAN June 14, 2015 at 4:02 PM

How this scheme help for the marriage or education expense of the girl.
As per this the account can be closed after the age of 18 years of girl
provided after the marriage. In such case how parent or legal guardian can use this fund. Kindly clarify to me.

Thanks&Regards,
Bhaskaran

Shiv Kukreja June 16, 2015 at 12:03 AM

Hi Bhaskaran,
Girl child can withdraw 100% of the balance amount as she gets married after attaining 18 years of age. As the legal age of marriage is 18 years, balance amount can be used for her marriage.

Santosh June 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Hi Sir.

Recently my self blessed with baby girl.
1) I would like to know when can I open the account(first I need to reg birth certificate) then we can) ?
2) was I can open the account from mentioned bank.if yes do I have an option of ECS option from my account?
3) after opening of the account it will deposited in post office or maintains by the same bank ?
4 )To open an account how many day to required to wait for me.?

Shiv Kukreja June 16, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Hi Santosh,
1. You need to have the birth certificate to get this account opened.
2. ECS facility will be made available by the banks in due course.
3. It will be maintained by the same bank.
4. Different banks take their own different time to open these accounts.

najimuddin June 16, 2015 at 5:26 AM

Sir me ye janna chahta hu 1 sal pura kb mana jayga account kholne ki date se ya bachchi ki date of birth se.

Shiv Kukreja June 16, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Hi Najimuddin,
Ek saal poora account khulne ki date se mana jaayega.

Rafi shaik April 15, 2016 at 10:22 AM

Sir my baby age is 5 years i open ssy account i pay every month 3000/-rs how many years i pay in which year i collect amout some budy says after 25years some budy says after 18 yers 50 pursent only i open account in post office in july 2015 pleace tell me wich year i collect the 50/-amout and which year i collect fully amount THANK U SIR

Rajesh Mathur June 16, 2015 at 8:52 AM

HI
SHIV SIR
meri beti ki age 7 year h kya hm is yojana ka laabh le sakte h
pls tell me
thanx

Rajesh Mathur June 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM

sir koi reply nh aaya

Shiv Kukreja June 16, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Yes Rajeshji, aapki beti is scheme ke liye eligible hai.

Rajesh Kumar June 16, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Not responsible through PNB

laika June 17, 2015 at 2:17 AM

Hi sir m ye janna chati ho kya first deposit 10000 and after that second deposit 5000 next year paid kr sakte it means k hum every year deposit rkam change kr sakte h ya nhi??

Shiv Kukreja June 17, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Yes Laika, amount change kar sakte hain.

K.V.RAMANAN June 19, 2015 at 1:01 PM

my son in law(Sreejith) and my daughter (Risha) want to enroll the SUKANYA Scheme for their daughter (EVA) aged 2 years.All are now living at CANADA.Sreejith & Eva become Canadian Citizens and Risha is now Indian citizen but Risha will be soon become Canadian citizen.Can they enroll in the scheme from CANADA.

Shiv Kukreja June 19, 2015 at 8:02 PM

No, foreign citizens are not allowed to subscribe to this scheme.

ganesh June 19, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Sir
My daughter age is 2 yrs can I open this Acc…?

Shiv Kukreja June 20, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Yes Ganesh, your daughter is eligible for this scheme.

pratap das June 21, 2015 at 9:40 AM

mera beti 2 din ka hain to kya mein uska account khula sakta hu,
or 1000 se khulane ke bad har saal kya mujhe 1000/- hi deposit karna parega kya. agar main aur jama nahi karta to account chalu rahega ki nehi.
to mera maturity hone par ret. ketna aayega.

Shiv Kukreja June 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Hi Pratap,
Aap apni beti ka account khulwa sakte hain. Aapko har saal minimum Rs. 1,000 deposit karna zaroori hai. Maturity value ke liye ye post check keejiye – http://www.onemint.com/2015/04/03/sukanya-samriddhi-yojana-calculating-maturity-values-9-2-interest-rate-applicable-for-fy-2015-16/

Ravi June 24, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hi Shiv,

My daughter is US citizen. Living in India with PIO. Is she eligible for PPF and SSY?

Shiv Kukreja June 25, 2015 at 7:03 AM

No Mr. Ravi, she is not eligible.

Ruchi Dhamija June 25, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Dear Mr. Shiv,

My daughter is 10 and a half years old. Can I get an account opened for her?

Best Regards

Shiv Kukreja June 25, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Hi Ruchi,
If your daughter is born on or after December 2, 2003, then she is eligible.

SUVENDU BISWAS June 25, 2015 at 9:42 AM

DEAR SIR,

WHAT WILL BE MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM AMOUNT TO BE PAID PER ANUM IN ATAL PENSION YOJANA?

SUVENDU BISWAS

Shiv Kukreja June 25, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Kamlesh Kumar June 25, 2015 at 10:19 PM

namaste sir ji
mai apne najdiki baink SBI Naugarh,chandauli (up) pin co. 232111,me jankari mangi. Khata kholne ki bat ki to kahte hai ki es sukanya khata ki jankari nahi hai, kya aap sbi naugarh ko jankari uplabdh kara sakte hai,mai khata kholna chahta hoo. Kya aap hmari helpe kar sakte hai.

Shiv Kukreja July 1, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Kamleshji,
Main aap ki help karna chahta hoon, but kisi SBI branch ko jaankaari dena meri authority ke baahar ki baat hai.

ANAND SINGH June 29, 2015 at 7:36 AM

My daughter DOB:11.01.2005 & Can we open the account of SS

Shiv Kukreja July 1, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Yes Mr. Anand, your daughter is eligible for this scheme.

shweta June 30, 2015 at 10:23 AM

If I open an account with state Bank of India Chennai. Can I withdraw the amount from state Bank of India, Delhi on maturity. We are not the natives of Chennai.

Shiv Kukreja July 1, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Yes Shweta, you can do so.

k surendra July 1, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Now I am at karanataka bijapur dist. I wants to know may I open SSY at SBI at here. But I have an account at odisha ganja dist. If okay then how please tell me

K sure draw

Shiv Kukreja July 1, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Yes Surendra, you can do so. For more details, please contact the branch.

k surendra July 1, 2015 at 3:58 PM

K surendra

Pooja Gupta July 2, 2015 at 7:15 AM

Dear Mr Shiv,

Thanks for all the details about the scheme . It is really useful. Need further clarifications:
1) Can the account be transferred if we move to another location
2) Can any one of the parent claim the tax benefit for the same u/s 80C
3) Will the money withdrawn partially for higher studies also be tax free
4) In the event of death of the parents before daughter turning 18, how will the account be operated

Thanks & Regards

Pooja Gupta

Shiv Kukreja July 2, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Thanks Pooja!
1. Yes, the account can be transferred.
2. The depositor can claim the tax exemption.
3. Yes, it would also be tax-free.
4. If possible, the girl child or her legal guardian can operate the account. If not, the girl child/legal guardian can withdraw the balance & close the account.

Chimu hosakere July 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Dear Shiva sir
we are living in dubai can ì enroll SSY scheme for my daughter 3 years old .If it is possible how to proceed for enrollment
Thanking you

Shiv Kukreja July 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Hi Chimu,
NRIs are not allowed to invest in this scheme.

GAJENDRA R sarvade July 4, 2015 at 8:29 AM

sir 3/3/2003she is eligible for this one sir ssy scheme sir please reply me fast sir

SUVENDU BISWAS July 4, 2015 at 11:34 AM

SIR,

If i open SSA in Post office kalyani,nadia (wb)branch.Can the account be transferred any bank?If yes,then how month’s/years.

Thanks & Regards,
SUVENDU BISWAS

Shiv Kukreja July 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Hi Suvendu,
You can transfer your account to a bank.

Krishnendu Roy July 7, 2015 at 9:15 AM

I am depositing money on sukanya samriddhi account but my final credit balance is showing Zero, when i asked about the same to the bank manager he told credit balance will show as zero as it is Govt policy for this scheme, is it correct.

Krishnendu

Shiv Kukreja July 7, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Hi Krishnendu,
Please seek explanation of the same from the bank manager.

Gagan Sharma July 8, 2015 at 4:04 AM

Hello Shiv Sir

With your permission i would like to submit regarding last comment of Krishnendu Ji that since SSA is a minor account under Govt scheme hence online transactions are not allowed (due to non permission of net banking to a minor) Hence, Krishnendu Ji is not able to see the balance online. But you can have the account balance by updating your ssa passbook. I hope this will help. But this is my opinion only.

Gagan Sharma

Shiv Kukreja July 10, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Thanks a lot Gagan for your inputs!

Vinita Pahuja July 10, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Hello sir ,
Kya me apni sis ki daughter ka a/c open karwa sakti hu kya me legal guardian hu uski aur jo amt deposit hoga uske liye ECS facility h

Shiv Kukreja July 10, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Hi Vinita,
Aap as a legal guardian apni bhaanji ke liye ye account open karwa sakti hain. Banks mein online transfer facility hai.

Sonapodar July 11, 2015 at 5:25 AM

Pls let me know scheme is available pan India or only in north

Shiv Kukreja July 11, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Hi Sonapodar,
The scheme is available Pan India.

mahmood ali kha July 12, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Dear sir,
Plz let me know that if after paying 5 or 6 years annual payments, someone faces some financial crunch n is not able to pay the money further. Can he or she withdraw money or the money will be paid maturity. Rgds-

Shiv Kukreja July 15, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hi Mahmood,
You cannot withdraw money before your daughter turns 18. Only under some special circumstances, you’ll be allowed to withdraw the balance.

Manish Gautam July 13, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Dear Sir
I am working in UAE but my children lives in India. Can I open this account for them?

Manish

Shiv Kukreja July 15, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hi Manish,
If your children are born & brought up in India, then they are eligible for this scheme.

vadivel July 14, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Hello Sir,

I have already SSA opened in Post office, can i transfer this account to SBI.

Vadivel.

Shiv Kukreja July 24, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Hi Vadivel,
You can transfer your account from post office to SBI.

Gagan anand July 15, 2015 at 2:30 AM

How will the interest b calculated 4 this a/c.if I deposit rs. 1 lac in July 2015 or in March 2016,wil the interest remain the same

Shiv Kukreja July 24, 2015 at 3:21 PM

No Gagan, your deposit in July 2015 will earn interest from July 2015 and your deposit in March 2016 will earn interest from March 2016.

Yvonne July 17, 2015 at 8:30 AM

My daughter is born on 23 April 2005. can I open a Sukanya Samriddhi account in her name.

Shiv Kukreja July 24, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Yes Yvonne, your daughter is eligible for this scheme.

B. Mondal July 17, 2015 at 12:24 PM

SBI, Palam Branch is refusing to open account under Sukanya Scheme as Aadhaar Card of my daughter, Age:3 years and 6 months has not been prepared.I requested them and produced my Aadhaar card as well as birth certificate of my daughter. But they did not allow me to open account.
Sir, Is Aaadhar card of my daughter mandatory documents to open an account under Sukanya Scheme. Please advice me.

Shiv Kukreja July 24, 2015 at 3:34 PM

No, Aadhaar is not mandatory for opening Sukanya Samriddhi Account.

Siva July 24, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Dear Shiv,

I have some queries which needs your assistance that
1)Is there online transfer of money?
2)Is there any monthly fixed deposit on fixed date?

Shiv Kukreja July 25, 2015 at 5:15 AM

Hi Siva,
1. Online transfer facility is there with some of the banks. Post offices do not provide online transfer facility.
2. No, you can deposit any amount on any date.

Kranthi July 25, 2015 at 4:21 AM

Hi Good morning

I want to opening Sukanya Samriddhi Account for my 5 year daughter with 75000 for annually, but I have option increase or decrease amount in future.

Shiv Kukreja July 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM

Hi Kranthi,
You can increase/decrease your deposit amount.

Nity Kaur July 29, 2015 at 8:18 AM

I am from Kolkata and I want to open account for my 11 month daughter, we went to some Banks to some banks to open the account but as per them , this facility has not yet come in Bank ,can you please advise me anby bank in kolkata where i can open the account. But i don’t want to go for post office option.

Shiv Kukreja August 4, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Sorry Nity, we do not have any such list of banks which are facilitating this scheme in Kolkata. I think a large no. of SBI branches are servicing this scheme.

Suresh July 30, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Good night sir Meri beti ki. Date of birth 7-11-2006 Kay merit beti sukanya samriddi yojna ka lab Utah sakti hai tell me please sir

Shiv Kukreja August 4, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Hi Suresh,
Aapki beti is scheme ke liye eligible hai.

Suresh July 30, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Good night sir Meri beti ki. Date of birth 7-11-2004 Kay merit beti sukanya samriddi yojna ka lab Utah sakti hai tell me please sir

sunitkumarshukla August 3, 2015 at 12:23 PM

i have open the sukanya samriddhi schemein the name of my daughter before 4 month and also deposit 1000/month ,through a person
now i want to check balance for clarity of account through net so please guid to me how to check the account balance and tell me site name for login

Shiv Kukreja August 4, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Hi Sunit,
You need to check with your bank if it is providing the online facility for this account or not.

Raj dubey August 9, 2015 at 5:47 AM

sir kya mai apni bhatiji ke liye is yojna ka laabh le skta hu…?? Nd agar mai every year paise deposit karunga to muje kis date me deposit krna hoga….???

Shiv Kukreja August 10, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Yes Raj, aap legal guardian ban ke apni bhatiji ke liye is scheme mein invest kar sakte hain. Aap kisi bhi date ko amount deposit kar sakte hain.

vijayabhaskar August 10, 2015 at 7:33 AM

Dar Sir

I would like to open the account on the name of my nieces(2 no’s).
Their parents are alive but I would like to open the account without knowing to them and myself as a guardian , so is it possible .

JV

Shiv Kukreja August 10, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Hi Vijayabhaskar,
You need to contact post office or a designated bank branch to get this info.

Kalpataru Samal August 12, 2015 at 2:46 AM

I have already one Sukanya Samriddhi account in our local post office.
But I want to open one more account in post office/banks(which have been authorised to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account),
kindly suggest

Shiv Kukreja August 12, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Hi Kalpataru,
It is not allowed to open two SSY accounts for the same girl child.

kailash goswami August 14, 2015 at 10:53 PM

job

Shri August 15, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hello Sir, I am in USA since last two years with my daughter who born in India in 2010. I don’t know when we’ll return back to India. We are Indian citizens. Can I open SSY account for my daughter? Can my parents do it for me? Can I do it online?

Shri.

Shiv Kukreja August 18, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Hi Shri,
NRIs are not allowed to open this account. Whether your daughter is eligible for it or not, it depends on her residential status. Since she is outside India for the last two years, she is not a Resident Indian. So, she is not eligible for this account. Moreover, there is no option to submit online application for this account.

Ramesh nayak August 16, 2015 at 9:17 PM

my daughter was born on 12.12.2003 so is she eligible for the sukanya samrudhi scheme..so please reply

Shiv Kukreja August 17, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Hi Ramesh,
Your daughter is eligible for this scheme.

pooran kumar suthar August 19, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Sbi bank

pooran kumar suthar August 19, 2015 at 7:21 AM

S.b.i bank

Gagan August 30, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Sir if a govt servant comes under New Pension Scheme opens APY Account of his wife who is not employed anywhere will that Govt employee be eligible for pension after his wife ??

Shiv Kukreja August 31, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Yes Gagan, he would be eligible for his wife’s pension.

Surendra August 31, 2015 at 10:22 PM

my daughter was born on 28.05.2013 so is she eligible for the sukanya samrudhi scheme..so please reply

Shiv Kukreja September 2, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Yes Surendra, your daughter is eligible for this scheme.

TRKapoor September 3, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Can lget tax rebate as GARDIAN for mygrand daughterln SSA.

Shiv Kukreja September 7, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Yes, you can get 80C deduction by becoming legal guardian for your grand daughter and contributing to her SSY account.

Shahbaz Ahmad September 5, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Dear Respected sir.
My daughter born on 27 july 2006 she is eligable for this schem?

And what document need for this scheem?

Shiv Kukreja September 9, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Hi Shahbaz,
Your daughter is eligible for this scheme. You need to submit her birth certificate along with your PAN card copy, address proof copy & 2 photographs.

Vijayakumar September 7, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Respected Sir/ Madam
I have two sons. I would like to this type of scheme for boys .
Thanking You,

Shiv Kukreja September 7, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Hi Vijayakumar,
There is no such scheme specifically designed for boys.

Aparna September 7, 2015 at 1:28 PM

My daughter is born on July 2003..which is the suitable scheme for her as she is not eligible for sukanya scheme..please guide

Shiv Kukreja September 7, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Hi Aparna,
We do not provide product specific advise in this manner here on this forum.

Pavitrata September 10, 2015 at 12:10 AM

Currently I am staying in USA. How can I get Sukanya for my daughter who is 2 yrs old?

Shiv Kukreja September 13, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Hi Pavitrata,
NRIs are not eligible for SSY.

Bhupesh December 3, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Dear Shiv,
If someone apply for this scheme when in India and later after few years move to any other country, will this scheme still be valid?

Deepak jeet September 13, 2015 at 1:42 PM

sir,
My child age is 0 years plsase tell suitable or not also tell what benifit provided under this schame if dath of key person/depositor under maturity date.

Shiv Kukreja September 14, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Dinesh Kumar September 14, 2015 at 11:26 AM

My daughter is born on November 2013 . she is eligible for this scheme?
And what document need for this scheme?

Shiv Kukreja September 14, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Hi Dinesh,
Your daughter is eligible for this scheme. You need to provide the birth certificate of your daughter, your id proof, address proof & two photographs.

Dinesh Kumar September 18, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Thanks a lot Mr. Shiv

Vaishali Parab September 22, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Hi!

Is ECS facility is available for this scheme in Post Offices in Mumbai

Shiv Kukreja October 2, 2015 at 11:06 PM

Hi Vaishali,
ECS facility is not available in post offices for this scheme.

manish September 22, 2015 at 4:11 PM

is scheme ke m one year kab tak hoga.1 to 12 tak ya account open hone wali date se til tast year date tak. tell i counfused.

Shiv Kukreja October 2, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Hi Manish,
Your query is not clear.

moazzam September 30, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Dear kukreja ji I have two sweet girl one is 7 year and another one is 5 year so can open this account in any post office of in mr area. One thing I want to know it will deposit monthly basis or we can quarterly / half yearly. Regards moazzam

Shiv Kukreja October 2, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Hi Moazzam,
You need to deposit money only once a year, but you can deposit money as many times as you want. There is no limit on the number of deposits you can make.

deepak sinha October 6, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Hi sir hum ya jannna chathe hai ki 21 sal bad saddi ke samye paysa melega ya 21 sal me mil jayga

Kailash upadhyay October 10, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Dear sir

sudhakar October 11, 2015 at 12:28 AM

sir,

My daughter was born on july 2014. Is she Eligeble for the SSY scheme? Kindly confirm.

ashok October 26, 2015 at 7:49 AM

my daughter was born 11 oct 2004 Is she eligeble for this schme confirm this please

Shweta October 28, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Is the online transfer for SSA started ?

Khushal October 29, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Dear sir
i want know in BOI or BOB ECS Facility available or not for SSY account.

Mahesh khatri October 30, 2015 at 12:32 PM

dear sir/ madem
my girl was born in 2011, she Eligible for the SSY scheme? Kindly confirm.

also it is transferable from one SBI Branch to other SBI Branch.

HARIHAR TRIPATHY November 13, 2015 at 8:56 PM

My daughter’s DATE OF BIRTH IS 10/07/2005,
Wheather she is eligible for sukanya yojana or not ?

If Yes, can I open the said account in Union Bank of India or not ?

HARIHAR TRIPATHY November 13, 2015 at 8:58 PM

My daughter’s DATE OF BIRTH IS 10/07/2005,
Wheather she is eligible for sukanya yojana or not ?

If Yes, can I open the said account in Union Bank of India or not ?

avad dan November 22, 2015 at 11:08 PM

sir, meri beti ke khata post office me khulwaya hai or monthly 1000 jema kerwatahu to final me kitna milga plzz betanka kest ker

Meena November 24, 2015 at 10:13 AM

I have opened this savings scheme in our Local post office, is it possible to transfer this scheme to SBI which has the internet banking facility?

If yes, kindly guide how to proceed further?

ajit khavanewadkar November 24, 2015 at 4:10 PM

my daughter was born on 10.11.2015 so is she eligible for the sukanya samrudhi scheme..so please reply

RamNath November 28, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Namashkaram sir ‘my dauhter barth is 21 march 2001 and she is account holder is SBI .and she is eligible for sukanya yojana.

Hemangi December 1, 2015 at 11:44 AM

My Nephew, Is US Born girl child, but she has dual citizenship of US as well as Indian, Can I open her account?

P.P.Bhar dwaj January 9, 2016 at 3:08 PM

My grand daughter is US citizen and is OCI cardholder. I am Indian national. My son was Indian before taking US citizenship. Can I open SSY account for my grand daughter.

M K DASH December 6, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Sukanya samrudhi Account holder should get internet banking facility in
SBI inorder to view account details.

Prveen kumar December 7, 2015 at 8:43 PM

I am an Indian citizen and my baby is a Malaysian citizen (1 year old) . Is it possible to apply SSA for my baby? Pls confirm..

prashanth kumar b December 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM

My daughter’s DATE OF BIRTH IS 30/08/2007,
Wheather she is eligible for sukanya yojana or not ?

If Yes, can I open the said account in idbi bank ,sbi or not ?

T VEERABABU December 12, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Sir
i have joint account with my brother in sbh. can i eligible to open sukanya samriddi yojana account for my daughter. and is there online payment to this scheme.? pls clarify.

T VEERABABU December 12, 2015 at 4:28 PM

sir
is Atal Pension Yojana tax free account ?

Mangesh December 14, 2015 at 12:06 PM

my daughter was born on 10.12.2015 so is she eligible for the sukanya samrudhi scheme..so please reply

Anil Kumar Pandey December 14, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Hi All,

Please can you confirm the last date of Account opening under the scheme Sukanyaa Samridhi yojanaa

Mangesh December 14, 2015 at 6:33 PM

what is last date

Go bind jha December 21, 2015 at 4:20 PM

Hello sir

I know to about ssy who actually right to receive maturity amount gardun or girl

vicky December 24, 2015 at 10:33 PM

SUKANYA DEV YOJNA is applicable for all state personnel ….( new Delhi ,Bihar)

Krishna.Konam December 24, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Dear sir,
My baby dob is 28/06/2015, iam deposit ever month 2000pm. How much can I get 14yrs maturity and 21yrs maturity, pls let me know sir.

Thanking you,
Krishna.

THAKUR SINGH December 30, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Dear, respected sir can I withdrawn money before 15 years.

Aakil January 1, 2016 at 10:58 PM

I read in article on “http://modiachievements.in/good-governance/sukanya-samridhi-yojanabeti-bachao-beti-padhao-bbbp-campaign/” it says Sukanya Dev Yojna has been started in Post Offices by Haryana Government. Can you confirm if it’s applicable for all over India. Girl born in anywhere in India can get the benefit of this plan.

Ramdas sahu January 10, 2016 at 12:25 AM

born 2013please sir sukanya dew yojana

Kumar Gaurav January 11, 2016 at 5:29 PM

my daughter date of Birth is 21/06/2011 Can I take this scheme. Is there any ECS Payment through SBI

DIPEN PATEL January 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Dear Sir

My daughter is born on 15/08/2014. Her age is 1 & 1/2 year . Is she eligable for this scheme of sukanya yogna.

Vineet Garg January 14, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Hi Shiv,
Post offices have stopped taking bank cheques. They accept cash and post office account cheques only. For SSY and other PO schemes it is very inconvenient to carry cash. Do you know if we can money transfer to post office SSY accounts?

Vineet Garg

jitendra soni January 14, 2016 at 11:11 PM

Dear sir
I have my douter a/c ( suknya yojna) in post office, then what open a new a/c in sbi bank. & iski 1000 kist monthly h ya yearly.

JAMBUNATH.K January 15, 2016 at 10:36 AM

My daughter is born on 25th may 2006 ,tell me I can open account in sukanya samrudhi Please Give me chart I can invest monthly 3000Rs

Manik Mahajan January 17, 2016 at 1:16 PM

Hi Sir,
Thanks for the Information, Every thing is cleared except one thing. What will happen if Guardian dies.

pradeep January 18, 2016 at 9:33 AM

Sir i have two daughters both are eligible for this SSY scheme. I want to know that may i open two accounts for both my daughters and what will be the limit for both accounts?

prakash chand January 29, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Kya m apni beti ka sukaniyyojna ka kakhat SBBJ bank m khulva salta hu

Rajsam January 31, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Meri beti 7-7-2004 born hai kya meri beti ka account open ho sakta hai sukanya youjna scheme main

gurvinder singh February 3, 2016 at 10:32 PM

sir Mari bati ka Bron 18 Oct 2007 ma hua ha may accout open kar saktha hu please muja reply kara

Manikandan February 11, 2016 at 9:44 AM

Dear sir

I am nri.my wife expired 3 weeks before. But my 2 girl childs are staying in india. Can I open this account

Suryakant Dave February 15, 2016 at 10:53 PM

Pls send canara bank Application form for of open a/c sukanya samriddi yojana

Prasad Kasar February 24, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Hello Sir,

I have some questions about SSY Accuont.

1) If someone starts account with 3000 Monthly Contribution , after some years can he change the amount to 5000 per month or 1000 per month?
2)After maturity period of 21 year or premature withdrawal(marriage of daughter), parents can withdrawal amount directly without authority of our daughter ?(Or we need to take permission of our daughter ?)

Ali Husain February 29, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Ssa account yadi kisi bhi bank me open kiya to koi problems to future me nahi aayegi.

chirag patel March 2, 2016 at 12:37 PM

sir,
my dauter age is 8 month & big dauter age is 4 year and i openining the two dauter in post aukanya sumridhi yojana & i am very happy,this sheme is very good & not risky.another parents i tell u pls go to near post office and open your dauter account.
Thany You,

sk khaleel March 9, 2016 at 7:40 PM

sir i am govt.employee can my daughter 2 years old eligible for this scheme,

Sudha March 11, 2016 at 9:28 PM

Is this available in andra Pradesh…..?

Anand Tiwari March 25, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Dear sir I have opened account in APY scheme. Now i am not a tax payer‚ it might possible in future I will pay that time this APY will collapse or not???

And one more thing I have EPFO account and getting PF also‚ so in future will I face problem to getting PF or pension by APY scheme???
I have no idea can you please guide me???

Kishor March 26, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Sir, I have already deposited one year money of my daughter account at Post office. How to know the list of account holder name.

HEMANT KALE March 27, 2016 at 10:15 AM

DEAR SIR
CAN I DEPOSIT BALANCE AMOUNT AFTER 5 YEAR OR 6 YEAR OR 7 YEAR IN ONE SINGLE PREMUIM.
SECONDLY, MY DAUGHTER IS 9 YRS OLD. WHEN I CAN GET MATRURITY MONEY.

junu rain khan March 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM

Sr how to open this policy tell in simple words please sr

Kishor March 30, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Sir, I have opened an account at post office, but i have already one year deposited amount of Rs. 7000/-. But how to know the list of account holder name list at pot office in odisha

sakamma Sanjeevudu March 31, 2016 at 5:31 PM

i got twogrand daughters about 4& 6 yrs can i eligible to open SSA now

Sanjay Kumar Sinha April 1, 2016 at 8:19 PM

I want to know , this scheme is transferable or not

mr chandra prakash yogi April 26, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Nahargad kili ke niche

Syed rashed ali May 16, 2016 at 12:42 AM

Kiya ye IT savings mein submit kar sakte

Gaurav Sharma May 27, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Sir meri beti abi 25 may ko birth hua hai uske liye koi achi si yojana btyo jo ek baar jama karne ke baad mujhe uski shadi karte waqt acha sa paise mile ek baar paise jama karke pls tell me my email id gauravsharma78672@yahoo.com, otherwise my mob no. 9888634731 par call kare thnks

sanjay June 10, 2016 at 3:10 PM

dear sir,can i transfer my ssa from post office to bank.can you tell me when online payment will start .is there any option for auto debit from my ac

syed muen June 15, 2016 at 7:19 PM

sir,
my girl child is 2 month older, i want open a SSA , my doubt is if i pay regular Rs.5000 per month in account suppose next month its not possible to pay Rs.5000 instead of that can i pay Rs.4000 is there no problem…..

Anil kumar June 18, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Sir mere bete 6 sall ki hai agar mai 1 hajar rs
year me jama karynga to hame 21 year me ketna melega

shameed June 27, 2016 at 12:38 AM

sir
i have opened a ssy account in post so can i able to open another account in bank

Yuden Lepcha August 2, 2016 at 12:10 PM

No, Shammedji but you can transfer your SSY account to bank after 6 month of opening.

satyapal July 3, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Dear sir
My child age is 4 month I have open this ssa scheme, but how long you valid this ssa scheme, can open this scheme also.
Thanks regards
Satyapal

vimlesh July 9, 2016 at 9:21 PM

hello sir my daughter is 3year old can we get benefit of sukanya yojana. state Bank employees are not giving us proper guidance or information so please help what to do?

HALAPPA DODAMANI July 17, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Sr my is one coplect

oscar anthony July 20, 2016 at 12:41 PM

I have 2 daughters 9 & 3 years of age. I want to apply for Sukanya Samruddhi Scheme.
Can I take it from SBI Bank.

Thanks & Regards
Oscar Anthony.
9619024780

Md Monti July 31, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Sir, my daughter is 2yrs 4 month so can i aply this scheme

uttam adak August 4, 2016 at 3:04 PM

I have two daughers of 9yrs 7months and 6yrs 5months respectively,Can I open this account for my elder doughter and how many years I have to deposit the premium for that.

priyanka August 5, 2016 at 1:49 PM

I have opened the account in post office for this scheme but I need a answer from you that is SBI Sukanya Samriddhi yogana is similar to Post offec Sukanya yogana ?? If no can we open this scheme in SBI also?

vipin rehlan August 17, 2016 at 12:07 AM

sir i have 2 daughter is there any extra advantage

vipin rehlan August 17, 2016 at 12:19 AM

i have triplets 2 girls 1 boy is there any special benefits
DOB of all is 7 sep 2015

Dinesh jangid August 25, 2016 at 10:22 PM

sir/mam
if i open a account on SSY for my daughter and in the end at the time of getting money what are the formalities i have to do?

Pratik Raval August 31, 2016 at 6:01 PM

1) Before 2014 born (Date of Birth) Girl child can enrolled in the Sukanya Samriddhi scheme ?
2) In 2006 Born Girl child can enrolled in the Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme ?
3) Born Before announcement of the Scheme Girl Child but still not complied 10 years got the benefit of the Sukanya Samriddhi scheme ?

Arvind September 11, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Sir ank and post office interest same given

Arvind September 11, 2016 at 4:33 PM

Sir bank and post office interest same given

RAKESH KUMAR September 16, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Meri bhatiji ka DOB 10/08/2016 hai.kya SSA account khulwa sakte hai (2). Kya ye account transferrable hai mns post office se Kisi b bank me (3). Agar depositor ko kuch ho jaye to kya ye scheme band Ho jayegi kya (4). Is scheme me nomination Ki facility kyo Ni Ho Sakti (5) kya paisa har mahine by hand karwana hoga bt hamara PLI scheme to auto debit hai account se to ye kyo ni

amrish September 20, 2016 at 8:56 AM

my neice is 10 years and 2 months old now, is it possible to avail SSA scheme for her?
please suggest.

raju September 29, 2016 at 3:33 PM

My doughter is 14 years old so
can i open this account for her ?

Selvakumar September 29, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Dear Admin,
Sukanya Samriddhi Account scheme payment through online?
If yes, what is the procedure and explain please.

Anup Sinha November 18, 2016 at 1:20 PM

My daughter had expire age of 14th years. How can withdrw amount of under jandan yojana, please details..

Pradeep November 23, 2016 at 6:57 AM