Not many mutual fund investors know that they donâ€™t require services of their distributors or any other agent/advisor to check the status of their investments or realised/unrealised profit/loss they have made in mutual funds. Surprisingly, even many of the distributors donâ€™t know that it is very easy to get various kinds of consolidated mutual fund statements online and that too in a very short span of time.
Actually writing about it struck me when I was surfing Suggest a Topic here and also while I was filing I-T returns for my clients during the last fortnight of July. I used this tool for a few clients of mine while calculating their â€œCapital Gainsâ€ and â€œExempt Incomeâ€.
Are you surprised, curious and happy at the same time that such a service exists? Just read on how to go about getting these statements in your mailbox. Iâ€™m sure you would like to use this service as soon as you finish reading this article.
All what is required to get the necessary information related to your mutual fund investment is that your email id(s) must have been registered with the mutual fund company with whom youâ€™ve made the investment and the same email id should still be active or you can make it active if required.
Here is the process to follow on CAMS Online:
- Visit CAMS Online website – https://www.camsonline.com/default.asp
- Click on â€œOnline Services for Investorsâ€
- Click on Check it Out! under Mailback Services
- Here you have the option to choose the statement(s) you require for your purposes
- For Capital Gain purposes – Click on â€œConsolidated Realised Gains Statementâ€. It is also called Investment Performance Statement. It calculates realised gains/losses on FIFO a basis and segregates them as long term and short term. The statement also contains a summary of the dividends paid out in respect of the account
- To check your entire holdings across CAMS, Karvy and Franklin serviced mutual funds – Click on â€œConsolidated Account Statement – CAMS+Karvy+FTAMILâ€
- For other purposes, click on the other respective tabs available there
- Once you select the statement you require, you need to provide your email id(s) which you or your distributor/advisor/agent must have filled when you did your investment(s). If you want to have all your investments across different email ids, you need to repeat this process
- Select the Delivery Option – a download link or an encrypted attachment
- Enter a password of your choice twice just to protect the statement from misuse
CAMS Online accepts only 2 such requests per day and 10 requests per month per registered email id as a precautionary measure in order to prevent spamming. This is an email-only service i.e. if your email address is not registered with the mutual fund company, then youâ€™ll not be able to have your statement online through this process, not even with your PAN or Folio No. In that case, youâ€™ll have to contact the mutual fund company and theyâ€™ll send it to your address registered with them or the address registered with CVL while undergoing KYC process.
Here is the process to follow on Karvy Mutual Fund Services (Karvy MFS):
- Visit Karvy MFS website – https://www.karvymfs.com/karvy/
- Click on â€œInvestor Servicesâ€
- Under Mailback Services, you have the options to check your portfolio by email id or PAN, get your Account Statement by email id or folio no. and Capital Gains Report by folio no.
- Click on the tab as per your requirement and feed the necessary input to get your statement(s)
- â€œPortfolio By Email IDâ€ – This tool mails your latest Portfolio Valuation
- â€œPortfolio By PANâ€ – This tool mails your latest Portfolio Valuation
- â€œAccount Statement By Email IDâ€ – This tool mails your latest Account Statement
- â€œAccount Statement By Folioâ€ – This tool mails your latest Account Statement
- â€œCapital Gains By Folioâ€ – This tool mails your Capital Gain Report
- To check your entire holdings across CAMS, Karvy and Franklin serviced mutual funds – Click on â€œConsolidated Account Statement – CAMS+Karvy+FTAMILâ€ under Online Services
With Karvy, you need to have the Folio No. of your mutual fund investment to get the Capital Gain Report. If you donâ€™t have the folio number. readily available with you, then you can first get the account statement in your mailbox and then get this report by taking folio number from the account statement.
I hope this article helped you in getting to know about the whole process of getting these statements in your mailboxes. If you have any query or feel that Iâ€™ve missed something here please leave a comment and Iâ€™ll definitely respond to it.