Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana – Sample Filled Application Form

by Shiv Kukreja on March 12, 2015

in Investments

This post is written by Shiv Kukreja, who is a Certified Financial Planner and runs a financial planning firm, Ojas Capital in Delhi/NCR. He can be reached at skukreja@investitude.co.in

I have already posted three articles for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana and the queries regarding this scheme are not showing any signs of tiredness. People have been asking all kind of queries regarding various features of this scheme and sharing all kind of experiences here on these posts. The biggest problem they are facing is to find out which bank branches are opening this account and accepting deposits from the general public. Banks are showing their inability to open these accounts as they do not have any clue about the account opening process.

I also got a few comments in which people wanted me to post a duly filled application form so that they can also easily fill the application form for themselves. So, here you have the sample of a duly filled application form:

IMG_0003

IMG_0002

The application form is fairly simple and you can fill it in less than two minutes. Also, I have filled this application form to the best of my knowledge. So, if any of you find any discrepancy in it, please point it out to me and I’ll rectify it as soon as possible.

Please don’t forget to carry the necessary documents to open this account, which are as under:

* Birth Certificate of the Girl Child

* Identity Proof or Aadhaar Card of the Parent/Legal Guardian

* Residence Proof or Aadhaar Card of the Parent/Legal Guardian

* 2 Photographs of the Depositor/Parent/Legal Guardian

Much has already been mentioned about this scheme in my earlier posts, so I’ll wrap it up here. If you have any query regarding this scheme or any of its features, please let me know.

Application Form for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana

List of authorised commercial banks where you can get this account opened

Calculating Maturity Value of SSA

Krishan Chabra June 30, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Namaskar Shiv,
It is amazing to find you answering so many enqiriessssss about Sukanya Scheme. All the girls getting benefited through this scheme are going to thank you for this arduous social service. May Lord SHIVA give you more and more energy and strength.

Shiv Kukreja July 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Namaskar Mr. Krishan,
Thanks a ton for your kind words and your wishes! 🙂

Ashish July 9, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Shiv Kukreja July 10, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Hi Ashish,
It is not required to declare any fixed amount. You can deposit variable amounts each year.

Arati July 21, 2015 at 6:12 AM

Planning to open one SSA a/c for my 8 year old daughter. Since the amount im investing is 1.5 lacs, a concern crossed my mind. If some unfortunate happen with me before my kid is 18, what will happen to the amount which has been paid so far? what is this nomination that has been left blank in specimen filled application form?

Arati

Shiv Kukreja July 24, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Hi Arati,
Nomination has been left blank in the application form because nomination facility is not there with this account. In a way, the depositor is the nominee in case some unfortunate event happens with the girl child. In case of an unfortunate event happening with the depositor, the girl child or the legal guardian will have the option to either withdraw the balance amount & close the account or continue funding it.

sofia July 22, 2015 at 5:20 AM

I have a adopted child and the birth certificate process is going on……… meanwhile can i submit the application with the document……..

Shiv Kukreja July 24, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Hi Sofia,
Birth certificate would be required along with the application form.

bikash July 22, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Please tell me the meaning of legal guardian.
The girl child is my uncle’s daughter.
Can I be the legal guardian ?
Can i get tax benefit for this ?
Wether i can get tax benefit for interest amt or deposited amount ?

Shiv Kukreja July 24, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Hi Bikash,
If you have been legally taking care of the girl child as a guardian, you would be termed as the legal guardian. If you are depositing the amount, then you can claim the deposited amount as a deduction u/s 80C. Interest amount would be tax-free on maturity.

sairam July 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Can i change monthly contribution rs1500 to any and revert back to orginal

Shiv Kukreja August 4, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Yes Sairam, you can do so.

GURVINDER SINGH SAHOTA April 20, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Sir plz Kya Aap mujhe call kar k jaankari de sakte hai ya apna number de mai call kar luge
9803864008

sairam July 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Can i change monthly contribution rs1500 to any amount and revert back to orginal

sairam July 28, 2015 at 4:32 PM

sir,
can i change monthly contribution of Rs 1500 to any amount and back to orginal amount already opened ssa account

Dushyant pal July 30, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Sir, I am confused fill the form SSA please help

Shiv Kukreja August 4, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Hi Dushyant,
You should visit any of the post offices or banks for the help in filling this application form.

Rosalin August 4, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Hi I am an Indian living in United States Of America still have Indian passport. Can I open Sukanya samridhi account for my 1 yr old baby girl who is born in USA?? PLZ REPLY

Shiv Kukreja August 6, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Hi Rosalin,
Being an NRI or a PIO and born in the United States, your daughter is not eligible for this scheme.

fakruddin August 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Can I change monthly deposit amount from 1500 rs to any amount in plus or minus

Please suggest

Shiv Kukreja August 31, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Yes Fakruddin, you can do so.

fakruddin August 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Can I change deposit amount from 1500 rs to any amount

Regina August 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Hai Shiv,

Please tell me if sukanya samriddhe yojna can be opened through vijaya bank

Shiv Kukreja August 31, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Yes Regina, Vijaya Bank is opening such accounts.

Bappa Das August 26, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Hi Shiv,

Could u please endure the facility of doing the SSA through net banking.Is there any option it for?

Shiv Kukreja August 31, 2015 at 4:30 PM

No Mr. Das, opening this account online is not allowed.

darpan August 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Can you please tell me if the birth certificate of the child should contain his/her name? Initial birth certificate issues by the MCD does not have the name of the child. Should we get the Birth certificate with the name of the child mentioned on it?
Thanks in advance.

Shiv Kukreja August 31, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Hi Darpan,
It is better if the birth certificate carries the girl child’s name on it. But, it is not mandatory to have name on it.

Mithan September 5, 2015 at 11:06 PM

Sir ..I have two girl child. But don’t have their date of birth certificate …is it possible to open sukanya samriddhi yojna account if I produced letter head from their school…. Sir plz reply as soon as possible

Shiv Kukreja September 13, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Hi Mithan,
You need to check it with the post office/bank whether they will accept such letter in lieu of the birth certificate.

Jai September 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Sir, We are blessed with girl baby. We got birth certificate also.
I have two doubts to open account.
1. Baby born on 29/08/2015. We got birth certificate too.
Are we eligible to open account?
2. In the above form, Under 1st depositor name, There mentioned two names. What does it mean? If i’m be the 1st depositor, could my wife be the 2nd depositor?

Shiv Kukreja September 13, 2015 at 11:54 PM

Hi Jai,
1. Yes, your daughter is eligible for this account.
2. First name is of the girl child and afterwards, it is the depositor’s name.

Bindiya Chavda September 9, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Mr. Shiv,

On first page, point no. 7, you have mentioned two names, of your daughter and yours. But you have put U/G between the two names.
What does it mean?

kavita goswami September 15, 2015 at 1:21 PM

I want to know the calculation of interest weather it will be counted periodically or yearly i.e.
if i deposit in april
1000*12=12000 pa @ 9.2% int=1104
if i deposit in september
1000*12=12000 pa @ 9.2% int=1104*7/12=644 OR full amount of 1104 will be availed

Shiv Kukreja September 27, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Hi Kavita,
Interest will be paid for the period of deposit and compounded annually. If you deposit in September, then interest will be paid for 7 months only and added to your investment amount in April.

Bharat September 17, 2015 at 10:25 AM

We are living in gurgaon on rented house.we have residential proof our home town and we do not have aadhar card.how can be open sukanya account for my daughter.

Shiv Kukreja September 27, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Hi Bharat,
One address proof and one id proof is required for this scheme. Address proof of your home town will work. Moreover, Aadhaar Card is not mandatory.

K S Hegde September 21, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Is there any age limit at which an investment in a daughter’s name can be made?

Shiv Kukreja September 27, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Hi Mr. Hegde,
A girl child born on or after December 1, 2003 is eligible for this scheme.

kiran September 25, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Sir, if I changed the amount every year, then how do I came to know that, at maturity how much I will get???

Shiv Kukreja September 27, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Hi Kiran,
It is very difficult to calculate the maturity amount if you change the amount to be deposited every year.

kiran September 25, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Sir, 1) if I changed the amount every year, then how do I came to know that, at maturity how much I will get???

2) How many time in a month I can deposit money? Is there any rules for depositing money???

Shiv Kukreja September 27, 2015 at 7:35 PM

There is no limit on the no. of deposits, you can make as many deposits as you want.

vivek kumar singh September 26, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Shiv Kukreja October 3, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Hi Vivek,
It is extremely difficult to guesstimate the exact maturity amount if you deposit different amounts every year. Moreover, even interest rate is not fixed, so it is not possible to calculate exact maturity amount.

Nilesh Uttam Ajane September 27, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Thanks very much sir . As its imp info for us thats given by u ?

Shiv Kukreja September 27, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Thanks Nilesh for your kind words!

Parshant Goyal September 28, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Good afternoon sir !
Thank you for all the information.
I have just one query.
If I am the depositor , Can I use the maturity amount with due consensus from girl child for some other purposes along with for her marriage & education ?

Shiv Kukreja October 3, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Yes Prashant, you or your daughter can use the maturity amount for any purpose other than higher education or marriage expenses.

athma December 23, 2015 at 2:43 PM

hi
please let me know what are the documents to be attched while submission

thanks

Brijesh September 29, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Hi Shiv,

Can we deposit money through NEFT or online banking? Please advice

Brijesh

Shiv Kukreja October 3, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Hi Brijesh,
Post offices do not provide such facility, but banks like SBI would provide such facilities.

suresh soni October 3, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Mera ssa me 2 account post office me Hai …kya me is account ko SBI me transfer kar Santa hu…kyoki me Jo bhi transaction karta hu uski details nahi milta…account ki detail kaha se mile Gi ..koi SMS or contact no.

Tapan October 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM

sir, i am telling my query regarding my 8 years age daughter, who is suffering down syndrom (75% severity). So, I would ask you that is she eligible to open account for my daughter under the scheme of SUKANYA SAMRDIDHI YOJANA.

Waiting for reply.

Frm
T.S.Jiwani

Ravindra Bhosale October 8, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Hi Sir,

The 50 percent withdrawal is it 18 years from the registration or is it when the girl turns 18. Please let me know the same.

Narendra Maurya October 10, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Dear friends,

One another document is required for opening a SSA, That is
Photocopy of PAN card of legal guardian / parent .

krashna kant October 11, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Sir yearly kist jama kar sakte hai.bank account se mantholy kist katati rahegi

Shivani October 12, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Is it possible to deposit the amount from any post office across country with the pass book or we can only do it at the post office branch where we opened the account?

mustakim vahora October 17, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Sir meri 6 mahine ki beti he uske liye konsa plan best hoga sir..??

mustakim vahora October 17, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Sir meri 6 mahine ki beti he uske liye konsa plan best hoga sir..?? Aur isme hm supose abhi mene mnthly plan 5000 se kiya aur baad me 2 3 saal baad kya me plan chng kr skta hu..!! Mtlb 10000 bhrna chahu mnthly baad me to bhr skta hu.. aur iska benifit milskta he..??

Yashpal November 8, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Hi Sir,
I want to know that can I pay money through bank account or link the account with SSY so money can automatically deuct from my salary account .please suggest me

Neeraj Kumar November 9, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Hi shiv
Firstly happy diwali to u nd ur family.
I want to know.
1.if account 21 year complete but on the same time if we or girl is not want to marriage due to anyy reason, can we withdrawl the amount in that case or money automatically come to account.
2.What docement is required at the time of partial withdrawl, at the time of marriage,at the time of complete 21 year.
3.Suppose in case both guardian or baby girl died in a accident or due to any reason than what happen to accounts money.

Neeraj

jay December 14, 2015 at 3:50 PM

if you go post office with this application. post office give you new 4 page application form for your all wicket down. so your one day west time also spent so please update this form.

John December 16, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Hi!

How do I get the tax benefit by showing this as a proof of investment to my company. There is no where mention of this scheme coming under Section 80C or 80 CCC. Will the attestation of the passbook from the post master suffice? Please advice.

John

Lalit Sharma December 26, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Hiii
Please tell me.. Is it possible to open account before 1 yr baby?

Anamika December 28, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Sir , why should we submit my daughters photographs, I think when this will mature at that time she can not be recognized by the same photo.

Ayush Dixit December 28, 2015 at 4:03 PM

My daughter is 1 month old. I have her unnamed birth certificate issued by hospital . Is this will work to open account in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana .
Please advise.
Ayush Dixit

Mariam January 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM

HI,

Can i start this Sukanya samriddhi account for my daughter by April 2016.

She is 6 year old.

regards
Mariam

meenaxi juvatkar January 12, 2016 at 9:52 PM

My daughters date of birth is 29th jan 2005 can I open ssy a/c. In post office they say scheme has been closed on 2nd dec Please help.

raji January 19, 2016 at 3:23 PM

sir is there any last date for this scheme..
pls give me reply

Nitin giri January 27, 2016 at 11:14 AM

Sir 1 question suknya yojna interest rate are 9.2 or 9.5 it’s confused and required for amnt 16 yr I can widrl amnt

prashant jamnik January 28, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Sir Mari bati ki dob 3 3 2008 hai es k liye he policy kar sakta by kay

Lalit February 9, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Hiiii shiv sir. …. Sir please app clear kar sakte h ki main par month apne according amount jama kra sakta hu.. I mean ‘ in every month a different amount can I submit??

Ashish February 18, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Sir..can I open ssy scheme nearest bank allahabad bank

deep April 1, 2016 at 12:52 PM

if i will pay Rs. 4000 yearly so what mount i will get after 15 year…pl;s confirm the what is the process for apply…

Jaswinder April 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM

sir plz publish one form full fill so we can understand it

Gaurav Sharma May 27, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Sir is it necessary to declare a fix amount in a year.I mean can I deposit 4000 in 1st year n 40000 in next year….plz suggest me I have a little princess..othervisd when she is married , I got have helthy payment his marriage pls tell me

jana June 12, 2016 at 3:19 PM

Sir, can I change birth date in ssa, if yes then how?

hamd June 29, 2016 at 11:28 PM

Sir ,
I want to open sukanya smridhi yojna for my girl who is born in Saudi Arabia,aged 4.5 yrs, can i open this account for them, we have Indian passports

Salim ansare July 5, 2016 at 4:11 PM

The girl child will get half the amount at the time of marriage n full amount after 21 years

SUJEET KUMAR AKELA July 10, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Sir Please One Form Full Fill So We Can Understand It.

Deepak Acharya August 9, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Thanks for the details of Sukanya Samriddhi. I wanted to know that if i start with Rs 1000 monthly and wanted to increase the amount of monthly deposit Rs 2000. So is it possible ? Please suggest. Thanks

Rupali Kamble August 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Respected Sir,
Thank you for your such a great support and great information . but I am doubtful that will this scheme be continued further. I mean it will not get collapsed na . shall I trust the scheme u have suggested.

Archana September 2, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Respected Sir,
Pls solve my problem as I want open ssy for my daughter, I have all my proof docs on maiden name that means daughters surname differ from my surname, & i want open Account with me(i.e.parent as a mother) & i have no marriage certificate, & below mentioning docs with surname:- Daughter birth certificate surname:kadi, mother surname on all docs: vyawahare.
I think u understand my problem, so pls i kindly request to u to give solution or answer. Pls revert me back through mail also if u possible.
Thank u..

Naveen kumar September 9, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Dear sir,
I want to open sukanya smridhi yojna for my just 6th month old my girl child so can my child eligible for it….?? And can i also get this scheme anywhere in India.? And if i open this account in Bihar so can i deposit that amount from anywhere through any bank..? Or i have to go with that same post office where i have open the account…? And one more thing i want to ask you….can i open her account in Bihar state because I’m from Bihar but my girl child born in Delhi and address mentions in her birth certificate is in Delhi which is on rent….? So there is any problem at clam time because of address change.

Bindiya Chavda September 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM

My daughter is now 10 years old, If she gets marry at the age of 25 years i.e. after only 15 years of opening account, if we do not want to withdraw money for her marriage and want to keep it for complete 21 years. Is it possible?

Means can we withdraw money when she is 31 years old (after her marriage of 6 years)?

Bindiya Chavda September 9, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Is there any fixed date of depositing amount every year?