Free PDF download – beginners guide to investing in the stock market

by Manshu on February 4, 2013

in Investments

In going through the Suggest a Topic comments I came across Chintak Dholakia‘s comment and it reminded me of a similar comment when the market began rising a few months ago.

Here is his comment:

Chintak Dholakia January 14, 2013 at 6:19 pm [edit]

I have one request. Can you please guide as in how to start buying shares? What is the process? I am completely new to this field and i did’nt find any information about it. How to invest,what is the process, what are per-requisites i would require to buy shares. Take some example and explain, as in i have balance of say Rs.50000 to invest in shares, how should i go? how much should i invest in safe deposits, how much in share?

Kindly guide.

Chintak Dholakia
Newbie,unguided Share market enthusiast!

I’m sure a lot of people feel this way every time the market goes up, and I had written a series of blogposts about this earlier titled how should beginners approach investing in the stock market that addressed part of the question about stock market investing and buying shares. I was initially going to point Chintan to that series but then I thought it is a better idea to create a small eBook out of those posts, and keep adding content to it along the way.

I feel that this is a better way to deal with topics that are always of interest and gives a lot of opportunity to expand on the topic at a later date. I’m pasting the table of contents here for you to see if this will be of value to you, and if you do find use for it then I hope you forward it to friends and family who might be interested in it as well.

• Three Stages of an Investor
  • The Implicit Assumption
  • What is the nature of a share?
  • How to execute based on this knowledge?
  • Instruments that help execute this
  • Parting words

As always, any feedback you may have is greatly appreciated, and you can download the book here:

How should beginners approach investing in the stock market?

PP February 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Since this is intended for newbies, maybe you could include ‘how a share price is calculated’ post to it as well – just a suggestion for your next version.

Manshu February 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Thanks PP, I’ll keep it in mind when I update it.

Gomathi shankar February 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Thank you so much for the good work manshu.

Manshu February 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Thanks for your comment Gomathi!

Chintak February 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Oh my god manshu.. thanks a lot for this.. really thanks :) I have requested such things in comments and generally it is being ignored. thanks for taking interest and helping me with this.

Manshu February 11, 2013 at 3:51 AM

It is a bit hard to do and I guess that’s why I haven’t responded to you earlier. If you have any questions then leave a comment here and I’ll respond.

RAKESH KUMAR JAIN February 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Sorry, can not find link for on this page i.e. on link:

Free PDF download – beginners guide to investing in the stock market

Kindly help

Manshu February 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Rajesh Bharadwaj February 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM

This will better for all beginners, thanks for sharing

Manshu February 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Thanks for your comment.

Vicki October 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Greetings, great websites you’ve got presently.

Smita December 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I am a newbie in the stocks and shares world and scouting around for information to get a good hang of the basics. I stumbled on your blog and found it to be informative.

Just out of curiosity, are there any recommended short term courses which one can pursue to understand technical analysis ? I don’t have a finance background and don’t want to learn by burning my hard earned money in the market. :-) .

Manshu December 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Hi Smita,

I’m not very fond of technical analysis, and have never tried my hand at it so I won’t be able to give you any recommendations about it. Have a good weekend!

sdk March 26, 2014 at 2:58 PM

i have the same comment for Mutual fund.
I can understand share market investment verywell.

but i found Mutual fund investment is complex to undestand.

can u plz share some articles to understand how mutual fund works and how to invest.

naresh August 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM

please tell me how to invest in share market in detail .

Susanta mitra December 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Pls advice how I can be success in share market by investing small amount of money.

Nitin January 20, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Don’t know about share market
Please sir tell me from where to start

devendra January 27, 2015 at 3:27 PM

please tell me sir minimum amount for invest in share market

Kamal Kanta Rana February 2, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Please issue me shair market guide regarding buy and selling situation,shair status, starting procedure,etc.

asheesh April 17, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Pl muje Hindi me share market me bare me janne ke liye book download krni h Hindi me .pl help me

AMAN April 20, 2015 at 12:03 PM

sir kindly please suggest me the minnimun amount that i can invest in shares

KARUNAKAR PRADHAN July 10, 2015 at 11:00 AM

hello everybody ….. have a GROWING FUTURE…

srinivasan T. S. August 6, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Iam new to this field. Please send me pdf form tutorial .

Venkatesh September 26, 2015 at 9:33 PM

How to start share market. And I will know about share market Plz tell me sir

Venkatesh September 26, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Iam a fresher in this field … I know about share market Plz tell me sir

ujjwal September 27, 2015 at 12:06 PM

I am new this field so give PDF and suggestions to hold this.

b narayanarao October 23, 2015 at 10:49 AM