Check Your CIBIL Credit Score & Credit Information Report Online

by Shiv Kukreja on August 8, 2012

in Credit

This post is written by Shiv Kukreja, who is a Certified Financial Planner and runs a financial planning firm, Ojas Capital in Delhi/NCR. He can be reached at skukreja@investitude.co.in

This is the 3rd post in a series of posts covering CIBIL Credit Information Report and CIBIL Credit Score. You can access the earlier two posts here:

CIBIL TransUnion credit score – role in a loan application process

CIBIL Credit Information Report

By now, you must have become well versed with the contents of a Credit Information Report and the significance of a credit score. Now it is time to know how you can access your report and know what your credit score is.

You can access your CIBIL TransUnion Score along with the full Credit Information Report for a nominal fee of Rs. 470. You are just required to fill a request form with some basic details like Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, Contact Details etc. and keep the self-attested copies of your Identity Proof and Address Proof ready.

You can see the application here.

Online payments can be made either through Net Banking platform of a bank or through a debit card/credit card/cash card. The net banking facility is available with 33 banks as of now. You will get a unique CIBIL registration ID and transaction ID as a confirmation on successful completion of your online payment. After the payment is made, you need to answer 3-5 questions about any of your loans or credit cards to authenticate your application. You’ll then be required to provide the soft copies of your identity proof and address proof.

If your application gets authenticated, you’ll receive your credit score and CIR in your e-mail in about 2-4 days. However, if the authentication fails, you need to take a printout of the receipt for online payment and mail it to the below mentioned CIBIL address along with your proofs.

Consumer Relations: Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited,
Hoechst House, 6th Floor, 193 Backbay Reclamation,
Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021, India.
Tel.: 022 61404300, email: info@cibil.com

Offline Application

If you decide against going online, then you will have to take a printout of the application form, duly fill it and get a Demand Draft (DD) made worth Rs. 470. Again attach the copies of your identity and address proofs along and send it to the above mentioned address.

Also, if you wish to purchase only your Credit Information Report, then you can do so by having a DD of just Rs. 154 and follow the above mentioned process. But, in that case, the process would be offline only because there is no provision to get it online without asking for your credit score.

You also need to sign the form in order to confirm your requests. Note that the address proof (except passport) – bank statement, telephone bill, electricity bill or credit card statement should not be more than 3 months old and should be in your name matching with your name in your loan/credit card account or on your PAN card (if you do not have any loan or credit card).
Like many of us undergo physical health check-ups, I think one should get his or her credit score checked at least once a year. It will keep you aware of your credit health and make you take necessary steps to correct it whenever required.

So what are you waiting for now? Just visit the CIBIL website and get your score checked. I’m sure there will be many surprises in store for many of us. Just share your score and experiences here with us so that we have a platform to understand these things in more detail.

sandeep Gopal Mane December 26, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Pls send the detail for Pan- APHPM5915L
Name – sandeep Gopal mane

Credexpert December 27, 2013 at 10:22 am

Dear Sandeep,

If you wish to obtain your CIBIL report and score, kindly visit the following link and follow the steps given on the page:

Credexpert

simanchal January 16, 2014 at 10:20 pm

i have taken loan for my bike for which i have already paid all my loan now still my cibil score is low my pan card no is ALMPB8835H
my loan was from ICICI a/c no LTTNE00013830590
PLEASE help me with information how can i clear my credit rating and have a good cibil score

Credexpert January 17, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Dear Simanchal,

Your CIBIL score depends on various factors such as your loan payment history, type of credit facilities availed or credit mix, length of credit history, account status, number of enquiries etc.

You need to check these details on your credit report to identify why your score is low. If you pay all your dues on time, keep a good credit mix and have limited enquiries on your report, you will be able to build a good credit score.

Credexpert

Syed May 25, 2014 at 1:13 pm

By providing the Pan card number would not allow to pull out the cibil report so please contact me i will help you to improve the cibil score and update the status and also will get you the report immediately 8095355329

KAMAL KHUTIA March 14, 2014 at 11:51 am

HI,
my pan no is AVPPK5668Q and i want to know my cibil report

Credexpert March 15, 2014 at 10:17 am

Dear Mr. Kamal,

Credexpert

Syed May 25, 2014 at 1:12 pm

By providing the Pan card number would not allow to pull out the cibil report so please contact me i will help you out to get you the report immediately 8095355329

punith May 25, 2014 at 12:51 am

Dear sir
I have registered with the cibil…and my cibil registration I’d is GOO0514998413..I have paid 470 rs… But I don’t get my cibil score please help me out sir

Punith

Syed May 25, 2014 at 1:10 pm

HI Sir might your authentication would have not been successful so if you want the cibil report please contact me 8095355329

Kushal Majukar May 27, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Plz send me sir my civil trak

Credexpert June 2, 2014 at 10:22 am

Dear Mr. Majukar,

You can obtain your CIBIL credit report and score either online or offline. For online mode kindly click https://www.cibil.com/online/credit-score-check.do and for offline mode click https://www.cibil.com/sites/default/files/pdf/consumer-request-form.pdf

Credexpert

bablu shaw June 1, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Hi sir want the cibil score my no 8100085139

Credexpert June 2, 2014 at 11:07 am

Dear Mr. Shaw,

Credexpert

Arif sheikh June 6, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Arif sheikh
My name arif sheikh my bajaj bike loan no 425058837. I have settled my loan with bajaj finance.I have noc also.
When I apply for the new loan of any bank finance.It is rejected by bank finance,They told me that your name is in CIBIL.
So can any buddy help me to update my name in CIBIL.

Arif
+91 9039373108

Syed June 9, 2014 at 11:02 am

Dear Mr Arif,
We will help you to update the status and improving the Cibil score within 30days of time and if you have the cibil report please send it to my email id contact me immediately Syed 9739870082 or 8095355329 rahilsyed007@gmail.com

Pooran Singh khehra June 7, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I want a loan from bajaj they told me your name in cibil plz update my cibil score

Syed July 1, 2014 at 10:33 am

We will help you to update the status and improve your Cibil score within 30days of time and if you have the cibil report please send it to my email id contact me immediately Syed 9739870082 or 8095355329 Financialsuccess070@gmail.com

gourav June 21, 2014 at 6:21 pm

My name gourav patlan. My loan no. Is 3028779414 in central bank of India. I have setteled my loan with C.B.I. I have noc also.
I apply for the new loan of another bank . But they told me that your name is in cibil.
please help meto update my name in cibil.Give me correct direction.
Contact me 8295566400

Credexpert June 24, 2014 at 11:57 am

Dear Mr. Gourav,

CIBIL is a repository of all credit information. If you have taken any loan or a credit card, details of these accounts will appear on your CIBIL report. Along with this, your ‘payment history’ i.e, whether you have paid your EMIs or credit card dues on time is shown on your report.
Since you have “settled” your loan, which means that the complete outstanding amount was not paid – this remark on your report may have been viewed negatively by the other bank. Apart from this, are they any other “negative remarks”?
You can check for the same by obtaining your own credit report from CIBIL.

Credexpert

Syed July 1, 2014 at 10:47 am

We will help you to update the status and improve your Cibil score within 30days of time and if you have the cibil report or NOC please send it to my email id contact me immediately Syed 9739870082 or 8095355329 Financialsuccess070@gmail.com

j ajmal June 25, 2014 at 11:41 am

My pan card no is AJNP6425D. I request you to give my cibil credit worthiness to mail addreess given above.

Credexpert June 25, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Dear Mr. Ajmal,
You alone can have access to your CIBIL credit report and score.

You may obtain the same either online or offline.
For online mode kindly click https://www.cibil.com/online/credit-score-check.do and refer to the instructions on the page.

For offline mode click https://www.cibil.com/sites/default/files/pdf/consumer-request-form.pdf

Credexpert

Pandiyarajan June 28, 2014 at 11:25 am

Dear sir,
I am Pandiarajan working in TVS Motor company, i had applied for home loan in Sundaram Finance all documents has submitted in sundaram finance, security sign of myself and my father, his name is Balasubramanian , his took a loan for our old house in SBI , that loan completely closed but bankers check the cibil score it has showing local score ,kindly update my father’s cibil file details are given below, Kindly do the needful,

I’m awaiting for favorable reply

Account No:10515040218
Name:M.Balasubramanian
Pan No:BIDPB9390Q
DOB:06/10/1947

Pandiyarajan
Ph:9445560083

Syed July 1, 2014 at 10:22 am

Dear Mr Pandiyarajan,

Please be informed that if you have yours fathers cibil report you can send me to my email address so that we can help you to update and improve the cibil score and the email id is rahilsyed007@gmail.com my number : 08095355329

Syed July 6, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Thank you for looking an ad regarding cibil we provide personal loan, credit card, HOME LOANS for the customers who have the cibil score above 650 and also we do take care of settlement part and closure and also in updating the status closed and settled in the report and improving the cibil score within 30days of time so please contact soon syed 08095355329

sadhana jain July 19, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Sir i just want to know my pancard score ,,,how can i know????

Credexpert July 21, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Dear ma’am,

If you wish to know your CIBIL credit score, please refer to the following:

You may obtain the same either online or offline.

Credexpert

P BHASKER July 29, 2014 at 6:52 am

my pan no is BBNPP3877R and i want to know my cibil report @ Score

Credexpert July 29, 2014 at 11:49 am

Dear Mr. Bhasker,

If you wish to know your CIBIL credit score, please refer to the following:

You may obtain the same either online or offline.

Credexpert

Syed August 26, 2014 at 6:57 pm

We Provide Personal Loans and home loans if the cibil score is above 650 and if there is any issues like updating or improving the cibil score we will update this within 15 to 30 days or immediately and also we will help you to get you the loan within 7 to 10business days with private like NBFC or nationalised banks who has the interest rate upto 14% with a lead time please call up soon for further queries Syed 8095355329

Chiranjib August 30, 2014 at 1:38 am

Hi Manish,
I have a query and seeking your help on that.please suggest me what can be done on that.
the query is regarding my SBI Credit Card. I have requested SBI Card customer care to close the card after the payment of all the out standings (before due date) on July 2013 and they assured that the card will be closed.but I didnt recieved any written confirmation from there side on mails.butafter that I have not received any statement further and I have not checked the online portal also thinking that there would not be any statement and as well not used the card from then too. But When I pulled the CIBIL report on July 2014 to check the status of my credit health ,I found that there is an overdue of 1734 rupees and along with that the DPD showing 180 days, After viewing this I immediately contacted the SBI card people and to my surprise I found that on July they have charged an annual fee of Rs 499 and every month they have charged late fee for nonpayment of the dues. when I asked them this they told me verbally that this is their internal issue and they are taking a request make my account “CS zeroisation” on 27th July 2014, on 11 of July 2014 they have made the account “Zeroisation” and all the outstanding amount were revert back and along with that they provided me the NOC (Closure Letter) with no outstanding. but or this instance my CIBIL score got very low to 600 and that was a fault from banks side itself ,
So I just want to know what can be done on that to sue the bank. Apart from that I just want to know whether they have settled this amount or anything else and will there be a negative effect on credit score in CIBIL. I got my NOC , but bit worried if they report shows writeoff or settled as I was not in favour of settlement or writeoff..
please suggest

Credexpert September 1, 2014 at 10:22 am

Dear Chiranjib

You could ask the bank for a written communication stating that it was an internal error and that the amount has been reverted. Since it was the bank’s internal error, this will not be shown as “Written off” or “Settled” in your Credit Report.

Also, lending institutions usually report the updated information to the bureau in a cycle of 30 – 45 days. Once you get the written communication from the bank, you can check your report after a month.

Credexpert

sarbeswar sethi September 1, 2014 at 11:02 am

sir, plese help me.my pan.no.axopso446d . i had guarantar for dilip ku sahoo in bajaj finas.ac no.423060720.now dilip cibil is cliar but my cibil is not cliar plese help me. mo.9338001717

Credexpert September 1, 2014 at 11:58 am

Dear Sarbeswar,

Since you were the guarantor for Mr. Dilip’s loan, the loan history will be shown on your credit report as well. If the payments on this loan were on time it will be shown on your report. Similarly, late payments will also be shown on your report.

In order to help you with your query, could you please let us know, if this loan account has been closed? Were there any late payments or negative remarks such as “Written off” or “Settled”? Have you checked your CIBIL report? Are there any other credit accounts on your name with a negative history?

All these factors may have affected your CIBIL report and score. If you could provide the above information we will be able to help you better.

Credexpert