Free PDF download – beginners guide to investing in the stock market

by Manshu on February 4, 2013

in Investments

In going through the Suggest a Topic comments I came across Chintak Dholakia‘s comment and it reminded me of a similar comment when the market began rising a few months ago.

Here is his comment:

Chintak Dholakia January 14, 2013 at 6:19 pm [edit]

Hey,

I have one request. Can you please guide as in how to start buying shares? What is the process? I am completely new to this field and i did’nt find any information about it. How to invest,what is the process, what are per-requisites i would require to buy shares. Take some example and explain, as in i have balance of say Rs.50000 to invest in shares, how should i go? how much should i invest in safe deposits, how much in share?

Kindly guide.

Chintak Dholakia
Newbie,unguided Share market enthusiast!

I’m sure a lot of people feel this way every time the market goes up, and I had written a series of blogposts about this earlier titled how should beginners approach investing in the stock market that addressed part of the question about stock market investing and buying shares. I was initially going to point Chintan to that series but then I thought it is a better idea to create a small eBook out of those posts, and keep adding content to it along the way.

I feel that this is a better way to deal with topics that are always of interest and gives a lot of opportunity to expand on the topic at a later date. I’m pasting the table of contents here for you to see if this will be of value to you, and if you do find use for it then I hope you forward it to friends and family who might be interested in it as well.

• Three Stages of an Investor
  • The Implicit Assumption
  • What is the nature of a share?
  • How to execute based on this knowledge?
  • Instruments that help execute this
  • Parting words

As always, any feedback you may have is greatly appreciated, and you can download the book here:

How should beginners approach investing in the stock market?

PP February 4, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Since this is intended for newbies, maybe you could include ‘how a share price is calculated’ post to it as well – just a suggestion for your next version.

Thanks.

Manshu February 11, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Thanks PP, I’ll keep it in mind when I update it.

Gomathi shankar February 6, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Thank you so much for the good work manshu.

Manshu February 11, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Thanks for your comment Gomathi!

Chintak February 10, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Oh my god manshu.. thanks a lot for this.. really thanks :) I have requested such things in comments and generally it is being ignored. thanks for taking interest and helping me with this.

Manshu February 11, 2013 at 3:51 am

It is a bit hard to do and I guess that’s why I haven’t responded to you earlier. If you have any questions then leave a comment here and I’ll respond.

RAKESH KUMAR JAIN February 11, 2013 at 10:33 am

Sorry, can not find link for on this page i.e. on link: http://www.onemint.com/2013/02/04/free-pdf-download-beginners-guide-to-investing-in-the-stock-market/

Free PDF download – beginners guide to investing in the stock market

Kindly help

Manshu February 11, 2013 at 10:34 am
Rajesh Bharadwaj February 15, 2013 at 1:21 pm

This will better for all beginners, thanks for sharing

Manshu February 17, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Thanks for your comment.

Vicki October 15, 2013 at 12:53 am

Greetings, great websites you’ve got presently.

Smita December 13, 2013 at 6:20 pm

I am a newbie in the stocks and shares world and scouting around for information to get a good hang of the basics. I stumbled on your blog and found it to be informative.

Just out of curiosity, are there any recommended short term courses which one can pursue to understand technical analysis ? I don’t have a finance background and don’t want to learn by burning my hard earned money in the market. :-) .

Smita

Manshu December 13, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Hi Smita,

I’m not very fond of technical analysis, and have never tried my hand at it so I won’t be able to give you any recommendations about it. Have a good weekend!

Manshu

sdk March 26, 2014 at 2:58 pm

i have the same comment for Mutual fund.
I can understand share market investment verywell.

but i found Mutual fund investment is complex to undestand.

can u plz share some articles to understand how mutual fund works and how to invest.

Rgds.

naresh August 19, 2014 at 3:32 pm

please tell me how to invest in share market in detail .