Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator, Toll-Free Number & List of Post Offices in Mumbai to Open an Account

by Shiv Kukreja on April 24, 2015

in Investments

This post is written by Shiv Kukreja, who is a Certified Financial Planner and runs a financial planning firm, Ojas Capital in Delhi/NCR. He can be reached at skukreja@investitude.co.in

Mumbai’s Postal Department has recently launched a new website www.sukanyaaccountmumbai.in for the investors in the Mumbai region to guide and help them open accounts under its most popular scheme Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. This website provides all kind of information about this scheme, including its salient features, frequently asked questions (FAQs), application form for account opening and most importantly, the “Sukanya Samriddhi Calculator”.

List of Post Offices – The website also carries a list of 417 post offices located in Mumbai along with their complete addresses and respective contact numbers (landline). You can now contact any of these post offices nearest to your place and talk to the concerned officer directly regarding any features of this scheme.

Toll-Free Number – Mumbai post has also taken the initiative to start providing info regarding the scheme and also resolving investors’ queries on its customer care toll-free number 1800-223-060. You can now dial this toll-free no. and have your queries resolved regarding Sukanya scheme.

Call Back Facility – They have gone one step forward by introducing the call back facility as well, in which you need to provide your name, e-mail id, contact number and PIN code and they will call you back and provide all the necessary information.

Facebook Page – Mumbai Post has also created a dedicated facebook page for this scheme, namely Sukanya Samriddhi Account Mumbai Postal Region.

At a time when most of the banks are just not ready to provide any info regarding this scheme, all these initiatives are really appreciable.

Sukanya Samriddhi Calculator

What impressed me the most is the availability of the excel-based calculator on this website. I did not expect such a move by a postal department in such a short period of time. I really appreciate such proactive steps taken by the Mumbai postal department. This calculator calculates for you the expected maturity value that you’ll get after 21 years based on your annual or monthly contributions. You can check the maturity values based on your variable contributions as well.

You can get an idea about the maturity values from the below pasted tables as well based on your annual or monthly contributions and a constant rate of interest of 9.2%.

Maturity Value Table – Yearly Contribution

Picture4

Maturity Value Table – Monthly Contribution

Picture3

So, I think the investors in the Mumbai region now should not feel helpless as the Mumbai postal department has done a wonderful job by providing all kind of information about this scheme on its website and also by launching a toll-free number for handling investors’ queries.

Application Form

Toll-Free Number – 1800 223 060

Sandip Gupta October 12, 2017 at 8:31 PM

Hello Sir/Mam, Mujhe meri beti ke liye sukanya yojna account open krna hai, mujhe sirf ye janna hai ki documents me jo photos dene h wo parents ka dena hai ya beti ka? Qki SBI Bank me mujhe bola gya hai beti ka chahiye. or meri beti abhi sirf 2 months ki hi hai.

Raghunath October 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Sir mera beti k liye 1000 PM ka plan May 2017 se Kiya h Mai isko 7000 PM karna chahte hu kya procedure h account poat office me h

Mustak khan October 29, 2017 at 3:32 PM

Sir ji 1000 1month ka ya 1 sal ka

Prasenjeet Khobragade.prasenjeet2017@gmail.com October 30, 2017 at 8:37 PM

Sir meri beti 9 saal ki hai, mujhe uska account khulvana hai to har mahine paisa jama karna anivary hai kya ya saal me sirf ek baar 1000 ya1500 rs jama nahi kar sakte hai kya

GOPAL SINGH November 2, 2017 at 2:04 PM

sir mai up mathura se hu maine post office mai apani beti ke nam se suknya accout khulbaya hai magar sir post office wale ye bata ke nahi dete ki unhone ye accout suknya yojana mai khola hai ya norman our na hi ye bataya ki kitana time mai kitana paisa milega sir plz help mi

deepali November 3, 2017 at 5:27 PM

sir, meri ladki abhi 11 yr ki hai to abhi main suknya yojna ka labh utha sakti hu….

mashooq ahmed November 11, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Sir
Main bati ka account open karna chatha hoon

mashooq ahmed November 11, 2017 at 9:22 AM

Sir
Es account karne main ka ka bani deta hin

Ravi November 15, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Sir ji
1000 1month ka ya 1 sal ka

Haranath Sarkar November 18, 2017 at 2:13 PM

How to see the balance online of Sukanya samridhi Yoyana A/C ?
Please inform.

Gvnb.Prabhakar March 24, 2018 at 6:31 PM

SSA

Gvnb.Prabhakar March 24, 2018 at 6:32 PM

How to check the account balance through online

GIRISH D DAVE November 23, 2017 at 9:46 PM

Please call mobile no
9824032946

Haranath Sarkar November 24, 2017 at 1:56 PM

Can anybody tell me how to see the balance online of Sukanya samridhi Yoyana A/C ?

Shiv Kukreja November 24, 2017 at 2:02 PM

Hi Mr. Sarkar,
If your SSY A/c. is with any of the post offices, then you cannot check the balance online. Only with banks which are providing online facilities, you can check it online.

Papu kumar November 24, 2017 at 8:33 PM

Hi sir
MERI ek beti hai Jo ki mentally distrub hai kya Mai uska ssy me accounts khulwa Sakta hi kya ?
Please help me

Satish Mishra November 25, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Hi sir mera naam satish h aur m janna chahta hun ki meri bhatiji ka sukanya account activate h ya nhi iska pta kaise chalega pls help me
A/c no :- 3815597949
Annanya

manvi pandey November 26, 2017 at 12:45 PM

sir mai manvi pandey sir mai one month ka paisa jama nahi kiya tha lekin pass book me galati se entry ho gaya hai and amount one month ka galat dikha raha hai kya back date me paisa jama ho sakata hai y bad me [21year ] ke bad koi paresani to nahi hoga [ ssy ]

Hariom December 2, 2017 at 3:27 PM

please call me
contect no. 8930218070
mujhe apni bhatiji ka account open karvana hai
so plerase help me for thew guideness

Gulab gupta December 14, 2017 at 12:35 PM

Hello sir ji mujhe bhi apni beti ka Sukanya Samruddhi Yojana me khata khulega he meri beti 9 sal ki jiski date off birth he 21 8 2008

Rajesh December 17, 2017 at 10:34 PM

I had open a/c in 1 post office for my daughter now I went to post office to give my aadhar details they says v can’t take now because still v r not online need help what to do how to do kya mera paise glat place or invest kar diya kya even I went my area main post office they are also help less call me 8621968795

nilesh December 22, 2017 at 1:41 PM

hi sir ….i want to open my account for my girl
but i have some problem with my wife .i love so much to my girl …and i have no origial birth certificate of my girl i hvae only zerox .and ..my wife have a original birth certificate so [lz give me advise

sandesh tambe December 23, 2017 at 11:31 PM

Hi Sir,
What is the procedure for getting duplicate Passbook of Sukanya Samridhhi Yojana as my daughter’s passbook is lost while travelling in Mumbai Local Train. I had opened my daughter’s account in Post Office.
Please advice..

R pandey December 25, 2017 at 5:05 AM

Sir mare bati ka Sukanya ka kata 14 month see band hai phale see1700 jmaa hai ajab made during hoga co no. 9576910363 Jharkhand

Darshan H Patadiya December 27, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Hello,

I have apply for this account for my daughter .

I have apply for this account in 2-3 months ago in axis bank (maninagar branch , ahmedabad,gujarat)But still not open and its in progress.

I hope account created as soon as possible.

Please suggest about it.

Darshan Patadiya

Narendra kr.mundhra December 29, 2017 at 4:58 PM

Sir I have opened a sukanya account of my child in 2015.I deposited my savings in that account.I want to know that my wife can also deposited in that account or not.if yes,than she get the rebate in her file or not.please suggest..

Santosh Mahto December 30, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Sir, maine apni beti (Kavya Kumari) ke naam par sukanya account 1000/- per month Feb 2015 me post office me khulwaya hun aur mujhe ek girl ka ek hi account hona chahiye iska malum nahi tha aur mujhe post office me cash deposit karne me kaphi paresani hoti hai kyonki mai army me service karta hun issi karan mai state bank of india me bhi per month 2000/- ka Jan 2016 se sukanya samridhi account apni ussi beti (Kavya Kumari) ke naam par khulwaya hun jiska post office me bhi chal raha hai.
To mujhe ye jankari chahiye ki ek hi girl ke naam par 2 account chalega. Aur nahi hoga to mai chahta hun ki post office wala account ko bank me transfer kar sakte hai. Yadi kar sakte hai to please iska procedure batayen. Ya kaya kar sakte hai. Please……..

kapil suresh thakare January 3, 2018 at 3:56 PM

sir
maine meri daughter ka sucknya samrudhi account SBI me open kiya hai
2017 -50,000/- saving kiya hai per es saal mere paas only 2018-30,000/- saving ki limit hai kya mai ase bhar sakta hu?
sir yearly mai kitni baar paise jama kara sakta hu?
sir meri daughter ke account me paise mai bharta hu agar meri dath ho jay to uska koi fenifit use milega kya ya mere baad bhi usko paise account me bharne hoge?

poonam January 4, 2018 at 1:04 PM

sir mare beti ka acc hai sukanya m m jaana chahte hu k har saal hum 120000 tak kitna bhi amount add kara sakte hai ya jitna first year m add karaya hai utna hi har saal add karna padega amount.

rajesh January 7, 2018 at 9:24 PM

21 sal ma katna melga

Sanjay Gurung January 11, 2018 at 12:13 PM

I could not diposite my daughter’ stolmen for 3 months due to andolan in hill darjeeling. after that I diposited with late fee.

archana sharma January 15, 2018 at 6:16 PM

SIR.My daughter,s name is ANANYA SHARMA in ssy,can i change my girl child name.

arjun singh January 19, 2018 at 5:47 PM

Sir meri beti ke paise nhi aaye h 25/11/2017 ko hui thi please help me sir

ashwani January 30, 2018 at 4:50 PM

hello sir,
I am from himachal pradesh,my daughter is of 5 years,so plz tell me is this is possible for my daughter plz tell me,
bcoz nobody tells here in panchyat or angan worker.

ajay kamkar February 4, 2018 at 3:49 PM

sir mene apna beti ka sukanya samriddhi yojana post office jharkhand liya ab me bihar me rahata hu mera a/c tarasfar nahi ho raha hai me kya karo sir help me mo. no.9304307552

khetrapal Suna February 8, 2018 at 9:43 AM

dear sir i hv a ssy account in Post office which is opened in 2015.my wife name is written on guardian’s place.she is a house wife.i m a government employee.so can I get the tax benefits.. please reply me soon

Abhishek Gurjar February 21, 2018 at 10:58 AM

Dear Sir/Madem,
My daughter is 5 years old …. So how many years do I have to deposit money by 1000 / month and after how many years, how much money will I receive.

Kindly advise
9887651442

deepak sejwal February 23, 2018 at 9:49 AM

HI
Can i transfer amount to post account from my sbi netbanking..what is the procedure to add account without IFSC.

Nagendra Kumar March 1, 2018 at 12:31 AM

Sir mai post office sukaya yojana open kiya kiya sir bank me transfer ho jayega idea

nayeem sheikh March 6, 2018 at 11:05 AM

call me sir 9405661786
sukanya samriddhi youjana
mainay sbi main nekala hi.. toh same benefits post office main b hogay kya

Rinkle March 14, 2018 at 10:55 AM