CIBIL Credit Score – Negative Factors and Ways to Improve your Score

by Shiv Kukreja on August 14, 2012

in Credit, Featured

This post is written by Shiv Kukreja, who is a Certified Financial Planner and runs a financial planning firm, Ojas Capital in Delhi/NCR. He can be reached at skukreja@investitude.co.in

Many of you must have checked your CIBIL credit score sometime in the past and for some of you it must have got a surprise either positively or negatively. Some of you might have been caught unaware of a credit card account running in your name with annual charges being levied year after year. Some of you might have undergone for a loan settlement with the lender which could have impacted your score quite negatively.

But to your surprise, some of you could have found your credit score to be quite high, despite defaulting a couple of times. This is due to some unique but scientific methodologies being adopted by CIBIL to calculate your score.

Factors that negatively affect Credit Score:

1. Late payments or defaults in the past: Your payment history has a significant impact on your credit score. So, if you have missed payments on any of the existing loans over the past couple of years, then the credit score would get negatively affected as it indicates you are facing difficulties in servicing the existing obligations.

2. High utilization of credit limits: You must remain quite careful while using the credit limits available on your credit cards. A higher and higher utilization pattern against the available credit limits is an indication of an increased repayment burden and may negatively affect your credit score. Lower outstanding balances getting reflected in your credit card statements improve this score.

3. Higher percentage of Credit Cards or Personal Loans (i.e. Unsecured Loans): A higher number of unsecured loans coupled with a high utilization would also affect the score in a negative way because of the fact that these unsecured loans carry a very high rate of interest as compared to secured loans like home loans or car loans and result in larger payments and higher defaults.

4. Behaving Credit Hungry: If you are behaving “Credit Hungry” (i.e. in an urgent need of money) and have applied for new credit facilities with a large number of lenders, then it is going to affect your score negatively and make the lenders more cautious while evaluating your application for a fresh loan.

Can your CIBIL Credit Score be improved? If yes, how?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, it is like a CAT examination. Like you can always improve your CAT score by appearing for the exam again, your CIBIL credit score can also be improved, but not overnight. If you have taken a 20-year home loan which is just a couple of years old and you’ve defaulted on your EMIs 3-4 times since the beginning, then it will probably take you at least 2-3 years or probably more than that with regular EMI payments to improve your score. You will have to maintain the greatest of financial discipline in order to secure a better credit treatment in the future. Here is how it can be done.

Measures to improve your Credit Score:

1. Pay your loan EMIs regularly in a timely manner to maintain a clean credit history: Try to keep a diligent track of your EMIs in case you are running more than one loan.

2. It is highly advisable to make full payments on your credit card instead of just the minimum payment. In case it becomes very difficult to pay the bill in full, at least make the minimum payment without fail.

It takes you a longer time to build your credit history with a loan as compared to a credit card as these loans are usually for a longer tenure whereas a regular payment of your credit card bills can help you start building a good credit score as you keep on making the regular payments. A credit card debt is categorized as a revolving credit and it helps in building a good credit score faster if the payments are regular.

3. Do not apply for an extra credit card unnecessarily when your bank’s relationship manager approaches you to get one and actually you do not require it. Applying for an extra card or a loan without any requirement would mean more credit exposure and reaching near the card’s credit limit would result in a lower credit score.

4. If you have been issued a credit card but you have not used it very frequently or the utilize credit limit has been very low, then this would affect your credit score in a positive way as unused credit cards actually imply that you are financially secure.

5. You should use special incomes like bonus or a monetary gift or some other source of savings for the prepayment of some of your existing debt. Early repayment of debt also helps in improving your score.

6. Avoid becoming a joint account holder or a guarantor in a loan or a credit card facility as any default would lower the quality of your credit score.

7. Avoid going in for a settlement or “write-off” of your loan accounts as it implies that you have not been able to pay the past dues. Keeping the credit history clean improves your credit score.

8. You should keep reviewing your credit history on a regular basis to ensure that the credit report accurately reflects your current financial status.

At the end of the day, common sense should dictate what you do with your financial life and good financial habits along with awareness of credit scores will help you build a good credit history and a good credit score.

Prabs May 23, 2013 at 12:22 am

Dear Shiv,

Iwanted to go for a home loan and before applying for the same, I applied for my CIBIL score. Unfortunately my CIBIL score as on 20 May 2013 is 601.

I had a vehicle loan which I had defaulted a few times, but I have foreclosed the loan a month back. Also there were 2 credit cards which I had assumed would get closed by itself (in 2008). Unfortunately, the annual fees kep accruing and just this afternoon, I have paid 2 cheques to settle my out standings.

How long would it take before my CIBIl score improves. I want to go for a housing loan in next 40 – 60 days. Do you think it would be possible?

Please advise.

Shiv Kukreja May 25, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Hi Prabs,

It is very difficult for me to guesstimate the time it would take your CIBIL score to improve, but I think if you apply for a home loan with a lower “Loan to Value” (LTV), then it increases the probability of you getting the loan. e.g. If the property your are planning to purchase is worth Rs. 30 lakhs & you manage to pay majority of the cost on your own, say Rs. 16-18 lakhs, then the lender would be happily willing to extend you the loan with even this credit score of 601.

Prabs September 6, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Hi Shiv,

I would like to thank you for your advise. Also some of the posts/comments also did help me in improving my scores.

I bought my scores yesterday and found that the score has improved to 725. Moreover, there are no out standings now. I have one credit card which I have not used for more than 6 months now.

Hopefully I would get a home loan.

Shiv Kukreja September 6, 2013 at 4:05 pm

That is great Prabs, I am glad it helped you !!

sandeep awasthi May 25, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Is there any bank or Financial unit which offers Personal loan in cibil score of 630

Shiv Kukreja May 26, 2013 at 11:03 am

Hi Sandeep,
CIBIL score alone is not the only factor which the lenders look for while taking their decisions to extend loans to the borrowers. Every lender has its own risk management systems and other parameters to judge your repayment capacity. So, it is not possible for us to name any financial institution which can offer you personal loan with CIBIL score of 630. You should try it yourself with some of the lenders.

Albatross June 16, 2013 at 4:25 am

Hello Everyone,

I was told by a few banks that every time I order my cibil report online the score drops (deduction of 30 points) is that true?
I have ordered my report more than 5 times now. Score was NH for the first time when I ordered in Sept 2012. Then 804 in Jan 2013, 739 In march 2013, 652 in Apr 2013 & May 2013, 623 in June 2013.
What is going on? Why is the score dropping so drastically? I have always made payments on my loans and credit cards on time.
Why can’t people have a systematic procedure which helps consumers and not torture them in life.
Loans/cards applied through marketplace also gets declined, what is the point in having such a cibil marketplace which is of no use?
I’m currently going through a horrifying experience with the Banks in our country. I have been trying to avail a personal loan since Oct 2012 from financial institutions and have been unsuccessful all the time. All my loans and credit card applications are being declined. None of the banks are able to provide me with the same. I understand that the sanction of loan is at the sole discretion of the bank. We come across so many ad’s regarding loans. Just like any common man I applied for a few as well. I have almost approached every single bank in our country and have been unsuccessful in getting a personal loan. I and my wife are salaried with a household income of 90,000 per month, we have our own house in Bangalore. Even after this I’m told that i’m not eligible for loans by each and every bank. There have been many instances where I have shared my cibil score prior to application and was always convinced that the loan will be sanctioned since the report looks clean. But then they decline the loan again. Me and my family are going through a very rough time with these banks. All I needed was a loan of 4 to 5 lakhs to clear our debts and start a new life. But never knew that getting a loan is this difficult in our country. I think RBI needs to look into the policies, procedures and norms that banks follow in granting a loan. I have approached the below mentioned banks for loans and have face rejection now and then for no reason. ICICI Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HDFC Bank, ING Vysya Bank, HDB Financial, Bajaj Financial, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Indusind Bank, Citibank and so on. I have a secured job and i’m salaried since 8 years. All these banks have rejected my loan application for one or the other reason and has never shared the reason for declining the loan applications. This has been such a disappointing and terrifying experience. Please help with your inputs and give me advice.

And yes, Apologies for the wrong name as I didnt want to disclose my name.

Gautham June 24, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Hello Shiv,

I just got my CIBIL report and score today and got to know that my scores is 684. In the report the first one is showing as a write-off on my two wheeler loan taken 8 years back where as I have closed the account by paying the whole balance. Now what do I need to get this corrected.

Also 2 of the credit cards taken long back do not have a closer date but there is no written-off and anything mentioned.

Please advice.

Credexpert August 3, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Dear Gautham,

If you have paid off all the EMIs on your two wheeler loan and the bank has given you a “No dues outstanding” certificate stating that you have closed your account, then you can raise a dispute with CIBIL for the incorrect status mentioned in your report.

You can raise a dispute at the follow link: http://www.cibil.com/consumer-dispute-resolution

In case of your credit cards, if there is no date closed, it means that you are currently using the cards. If you are not and you have closed the credit card accounts, you may include the same in the CIBIL dispute.

Credexpert.

som June 26, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I have setteled all my overdues in my cards and my loans one year back-where in i have received all the noc.

Now i have come to know my cibil score is 600-suggest how to improve it now?

Credexpert August 3, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Dear Som,

Settlement of any credit facility has a negative impact on your score. To improve your credit score, you may repay the outstanding on your accounts, and depending on the bank’s policies, the settled status may be removed from your account.

The other way to improve your score is to build a new credit history. This can be done by getting a new credit facility such as a secured credit card and service this regularly to show good payment behaviour. This will reflect on your credit report, and in time improve your score.

Credexpert.

sadhu August 2, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Hi Manish,

My CIBIL score is badly affected because of a personal loan. Current score is 540. The personal got closed on Nov, 2010. I recently applied for a Home Loan and got rejected. On enquiring for the reasons, I got a shocker, saying the personal loan has 2100/- outstanding. The reason for this amount was because of the bank triggered ECS twice for 6 months and hence the late fees remained which I was unaware of. Now a month back I have cleared it with full payment and filed a request with the Bank for which I got a mail stating that the amount will be refunded. Now the funny part is, I paid them 15000 including interest but I will get only 2100 as refund.

Now my goal is to improve my credit score. I am using a CC card since an year and its history is quite clear.

do I stand any chance of getting my score because of the refund I got from the bank and full payment I made to them?

thanks in advance.

Credexpert August 3, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Dear Sadhu,

We can assist you with your query, if you could clarify on the following points:

1. “the bank triggered ECS twice for 6 months and hence the late fees remained”. What do you mean by this statement?
2. “I paid them 15000 including interest but I will get only 2100 as refund.” Please clarify as to what this amount is for, and why you had to pay them Rs. 15,000.

If the account on your credit report shows a closed status with “zero” balance, it may marginally improve your score. Also, using a credit card and paying your dues on time will improve your score gradually.

Credexpert.

Vivek Phadke August 14, 2013 at 6:57 pm

I have seen my CIBIL report and it has all wrong information in it. My address is wrong, my telephone numbers were never known to me and it gives two instances of credit cards supposed to be closed in 2001, still carrying 150 days and above overdue amounts which are written off, I don’t know what what reason. It shows I had 6 credit cards in the past, where, what I remember are only 2 and that too closed long back.

I have tried to write to CIBIL to know who has given this wrong info or if someone else’s data is included in my report, but they do not respond.

It gives a completely wrong picture to a new person looking at the report. If banks or credit card organizations can be allowed to spoil your report without giving a chance for you to review the same and give your version also, this is unfair and devoid of rights of the consumer.

Credexpert August 15, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Dear Mr. Phadke,

Cibil and other Credit bureaus have a process in place where the KYC provided by you to access your report might have got mis-matched with the database and that’s when the wrong data is reflecting in your credit bureau report. As you have asked CIBIL to rectify the data, they will have their own mechanism in place because at their end they would have to do some verification to clean your credit bureau report.

In certain cases, you may have to coordinate with the respective lending institution for getting your account information updated correctly.

Also, in case of your demographic information such as addresses and phone nos., these details are recorded and updated on your report as per any prior applications you may have made with them.

We at Credexpert are celebrating Independence Day with our clients to become debt free and live credit healthy. We have exciting offers and discounts on our products to monitor your credit bureau score and report on timely and regular basis.

Credexpert

Chandan Baran Das October 5, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I had a Edu Loan at 2007 but due to some personal reason it was delayed but at 24 Aug 2013 i have paid the full amt with interest.But still in the cibil report it is showing defaulter. And now my Cibil Score is 622 only. Please give me suggestion…when it will delete from my CIBIl as an defaulter? How much time will take to update?

mahesh November 7, 2013 at 10:39 pm

hi. i just got my cibil score report and it shows 757.
i got a current balance of -800 for my credit card which i was closed 1 year ago and that was the excess payment i made at that time. is negative current balance is good or bad.

Sree February 19, 2014 at 11:31 am

I’m a HSBC credit card holder. Twice I have converted my dues into 3 months EMI option. My question, does EMI conversion effects credit score?
Also, please advise atleast what score one should have to get loans/CC from banks.

Prashanth April 12, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Hello,

My CIBIL score in 647 and loan gets reject 3 times now. I have taken a loan of 50K and due to some my personal problem i left the company and not paid EMI upto 4 month…Suddenly i got legal notice from bank to pay the amount…At the same time i paid all the remaining amount with late fine of 7K approx. Apart from this i am using 2 credit cards and paying bill on time. Now which bank will provide me personal loan as its quite urgent need to Loan.. Please advise me and also how to increase my CIBIL score and i dont have any other option apart from Loan. Please advise…

Rahul June 6, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Hi Shiv

My current CIBIL score is 836.
In 2009, I first got to know about cibil when my home loan application got rejected. I tried to find out reasons, it was due to 3 credit cards and one personal loan, this happened due to address change
I immediately followed up with the credit cards and settled them, also I settled personal loan. Currently my credit cards show as settled but personal loan shows a written off.
I continue to have 1 credit card with clean payment history.
with CIBIL score of 836, can I apply for a home lone now?

Shiv Kukreja September 8, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Yes, you can go ahead and do that. I don’t foresee any reason for a rejection.

ankit singh June 18, 2014 at 2:53 am

Hi shiv sir…..

Pls help me out .. It’s lil crutial….. I hve two credit cards… One is with citibank whose credit limit is 86000 out of which available balance is around 8000… Nd the other card is with hdfc bank whose credit limit is 50000 …. Of which 15350 is available…both cards were issued in the month of january 2014.. I converted a part of the credit ( around 60 k ) into installmenys nd the rest of the amount is shown as due in the statements …. My concern is regarding my cibil report… I always made payments on tym … I hve revolved the credit but hve always made payment more thn minimum due nd before due date…..
I plan of applyin for a new card as my cards are now more thn 6 mnths old… So that i can get loan on card ehich i can use to repay these cards.. As there comperative interest would be very low…. So sir pls help me out… Shd i go ahead and apply for the card or shd i not do that coz a rejection will hurt my credit score ?? I have never defaulted any payments..will my score be good or average or bad… Approximately… Sir i am relying on your experience… Pls help me out….. Thanks in advance

Shiv Kukreja September 8, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Hi Ankit,
Your score would be fine and I don’t see why your application would get rejected. You can go ahead and apply for a new card.

ritu August 12, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I have cibil score 695 and have one ecs bounce this month which is not mention in my cibil.so i have two question,
1.am i eligible to get education loan and what are the chances.
2.how much my cibil be reduced?

Shiv Kukreja September 8, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Hi Ritu,
Only the lender(s) would be able to tell you whether you fulfill their loan criteria or not. Also, we won’t be able to tell you how much your CIBIL score would have reduced due to one ECS bounce.

John. August 18, 2014 at 6:43 pm

HI All, I had applied for my first credit card(CiTI BANK) . But they had rejected my application , HOw come they can reject my application form even if i doesn’t have any credit card history . i doesn’t have any loan also.

Shiv Kukreja September 8, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Hi John,
It is the banks’ discretion whether they want to issue a credit card to any customer or not based on his/her income and credit score.

suresh August 21, 2014 at 6:55 am

I am planning for a home loan now. I have 5 personal loans all 5 with a clean record. And a Citi bank credit card last month I had an outstanding which I couldn’t clear but cleared this month. How would credit score look like please advice.

Need your advice urgently.

Shiv Kukreja September 8, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Hi Suresh,
It is not going to affect your credit score in a major way. For precise score, you need to buy your credit report.

AKBAR BASHA MOHAMMAD September 4, 2014 at 11:48 am

My credit score is 609.
I would like to whether iam eligible to take any home loan in future from any bank??

At present I am in UAE with 11000 /- AED salary

Shiv Kukreja September 8, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Hi Akbar,
Though your credit score is low, it depends how much home loan you need vis-a-vis the value of your property. CIBIL credit score is not the only criteria banks check before taking their decisions. Still, it is better to get your credit report and try to improve your score.

swaminathan September 5, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I have applied for citibank credit card last week with required documents and phone verification also over. salary wise i am purely eligible for credit card.but now i got the email from citi bank, that my application was rejected.”We regret our inability to process your credit card application as it does
not fulfill our internal policy criteria”. I got the information from customer support team that the application was rejected due to CIBIL report is negative. I was surprised to hear that as i have never used any credit card / borrowed a loan / any liability in the past.
for my clarification i applied for CIBIL report also by paying rs.470. it will take 7 business days to deliver.what could be the reason for the rejection.

My only guess is i am having IOB saving account, that was locked 2 times due to non usage of the account more than 6 months.

Is may be the reason for CIBIL negative report?

please advice.

Shiv Kukreja September 8, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Hi Swaminathan,
I don’t think non-usage of a savings bank account could be the reason for a rejection of a credit card. Please wait for your CIBIL report to know the exact reason.

swaminathan September 15, 2014 at 10:54 am

Hai Sir,

I got my CIBIL report. my score is showing as ‘NH’.

And i don’t have any credit history so far.

What i have to do next.?

Shiv Kukreja September 15, 2014 at 11:14 am

Your credit card application probably got rejected as you don’t have any credit history or your income level does not match Citibank’s criteria. So, you should probably approach some other credit card company or take some secured loan first like a home loan or a car loan.

Ravindra September 13, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I checked my CIBIL score and it reads 795 then i applied for Personal loan with Bajaj Finance and it got reject citing CIBIL norm does not met. In past 2011-12 i used to have 4 CCs which had dues to paid. I made all the outstanding payments for all 4 cards once i became financially sound in mid 2012. I can see all four card showing close status and one of them from SCB has a status as WRITTEN-OFF. Now i am not sure why they made this as written-off though i paid entire outstanding amont after few months of default. Please help me how to get it removed from CIBIL .

Shiv Kukreja September 15, 2014 at 11:18 am

Hi Ravindra,
You should approach SCB and ask them to get it rectified in your CIBIL report. If they do not cooperate in this matter, you should approach CIBIL for dispute resolution.

Mahesh September 25, 2014 at 1:08 am

Actually my credit score is 721, but i have some delay payments.
I applied for so many loans but all got rejected.
I spoke with one of the banker before applying and he told that 720 is enough for that bank and as i got 721, i again applied but still got rejected.

My question is if there are any delay payments how can my score got 721 and if that bank will lokks only for score (720) why my loan got rejected.

Your valuable answers will be appriciated.

Thanks in Advance
Mahesh…

sam November 12, 2014 at 5:49 pm

I recently got SBI credit CARD but i feel cheated by customer care team as the card is with annual fees and there are cards free of cost so if i close the card within first30 days after settling dues on time will it impact my cibil score or whaht is the right time to close such card where i feel cheated

Syed November 17, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Thank you for looking an ad Regarding Cibil issues If your looking for the service like updating improving Cibil score and helping your loans, credit cards settle or close in Cibil report we will help you to update and clear from Cibil in priority basis where there would not be any problem in future at the time you apply for any type of loan…WE PROVIDE SERVICE ALL OVER INDIA Syed: 8095355329 financialsuccess070@gmail.com

Ankit November 20, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Hi Sir,
I had a dispute with HSBC in 2008.
That time my card limit was 17000.
I failed to paid it.
last EMI i paid in Dec 2008.
Now i checked my CBIL score is 603.
There is a outstanding amount is 26000 after several wavers.
Should i go for settlment or close it from. Which way will help me in future but still i am unable to pay full 26000 to bank.
tell me the way to improve my CBILL.
I am planing to buy a CC through FD.
I also want to apply loan for last in 2015.
Please help me

Gaffar December 1, 2014 at 4:01 pm

My credit score is N/A as per cibil report. 7 years back I took HSBC credit card and used for once or twice. But then my name added to defaulters list as I didn’t pay it on time. Later I applied for loan then I got to know that cibil included my name in defaulters list. So I paid the credit card outstanding balance with fine and got the NOC also from HSBC. It’s 4 yrs done that I got the NOC. Then I again applied recently for credit card and loan also. But the loan got rejected. Can somebody pls help me out how to get the loan as I have already paid the money to HSBC and got the NOC also? and my cibil score is N/A as of now.

Gaffar December 18, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I mean my credit card score is NH. So pls help me how to make it to 750?

SudhaLak December 4, 2014 at 11:35 pm

I was using an SCB credit card in 2005 and had a balance of Rs 1000 which was unpaid. I completely forgot to make the payment from my end for this outstanding amount. Later in Year 2012, an entry was made in CIBIL report in the defaulters list. When negotiating with SCB, they ask for a lumpsum Rs 25,000 for CIBIL clearance. I have never received any statements / mail communication in the meantime from 2005.

I have the following questions for which I need your help to understand.

a) Can SCB make a CIBIL entry after 7 years? Is this valid?
b) Is there any other way other than paying Rs 25000 and settling the dues for the principal of Rs 1000?
c) Will approaching Banking Ombudsman help?

Thank you in advance.

Daxesh Prajapati December 18, 2014 at 10:33 am

I lost my citibank credit card no & i want to pay my overdue as soon as possible. Because of this I am unable to take loan. I also checked at Bank end but they are unable to find by personal details.

So help me to get my citibank credit card.

Rakesh kumar raushan December 23, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Dear sir

My cibil score is 600 as on date, can I eligible for a personal loan of 5 lakhs for 36 emi.
I don’t have any credit card n loan running.
My take home salary is 52500/- per month which is credited in axis bank n I m also applying for a personal loan of 5 lakhs for 36 emi.
Can I get the loan or ls guide to how could I improve my cibil score card.
Thanks n regards
Rakesh
Pls guide

Avinash December 24, 2014 at 12:30 am

what will be the status of below mentioned points in my CIBIL(Settled or Closed or written off / and what will be DPD) in my case :

1. I was having HDFC Bank credit card –> Card is permamently blocked–> I have cleared full amount that was asked from bank.

2. I have taken PL from HDFC of 50K and I was supposed to clear this by April 2014 but I cleared it on 10th Nov 2014 in this also I have cleared all the dues whatever was demanded from bank(full due amount including late fees I have cleared) but only thing is I have paid late by 7 Month.

3. I have taken Auto Loan from Bajaj Finance of 50K and I was supposed to clear this by May 2014 but I cleared it on 13th Nov 2014 in this also I have cleared all the dues whatever was demanded from bank(full due amount including late fees I have cleared) but only thing is I have paid late by 6 Month.

If i am applying for Credit Card or PL now will I be able to get ?

Presently I am not having any credit card or PL or any loans.

Thanks in advance :)

Avinash

neeharika December 29, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Hi Gourav,

I am writing this as a i felt that you are perfect person to help me.
I used to have one credit card from ICICI bank where in i settled the CC for 18k (The actual ammount is 43134 with intrest)
CC Date opened :22-12-2008
CC date closed:11-03-2011
Date of Last Payment :22-02-2011
Date reported and certified:28-02-2014
parallely i took one consumer loan and cleared it.

After that i made few enquiries in the year 2011 which got rejected because of cibil score.

a year back in 2013 i pulled up my cibil score it is NH.

then i took a two wheeler lan and cleared it completly.

But for some reason the loan details are not reflecting and when i chekced with my bank they said that it is a direct payment but not a ECS clearance thats the reason it is not reflecting like that.

Still my CIBIL Score is NH

Still my score is NH and I want to know can i apply for cc or personal loan?

My personal loan is rejected recently.

what should i do to get a personal lan approoved and have the recent consumer loan updation in cibil.

Iam eligable for applying a credit card if my cibil score is NH and i settled my credit card

Please help

Manikanta January 2, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Recently my ECS form is not cleared and I made direct payment to bank for my personal loan, will it effect my CIBIL score?

Hardik Parekh February 5, 2015 at 8:09 pm

I think you are the best one to answer my question ? I have taken an Auto Premium Loan from HDFC Bank. the Loan amount is 13 Lacs for Five years and I have paid all 48 Installments till april’2014. I am in deep financial crisis, even i do not have money to have my food, due to wrong investments and trust. I sold my house, property all the assets. Since Last 11 Months i have not paid any single installment of the same, the amount of Installment is Rs.27,700/- per month. Now i do have some money, to clear the outstanding Installments. Same is the question with my credit cards from HDFC / ICICI

My question I do not want to go for settlement I want to pay all the dues including Penalty and Interest to both ICICI & HDFC… Would my CIBIL score would be back to normal if i pay each and every penny ?

Avinash February 10, 2015 at 12:38 am

Hello Sir,

I am Avinash below is my scenario and Present Cibil Score:

1. In April 2013 I have taken 50,000 Personal Loan from HDFC BANK for 12 Months, I have missed installment 3-4 times, I have cleared this loan in November 2014 instead of April 2014, I have Cleared all the dues whatever asked by Bank done full payment and I have NOC for this.

2. I was having HDFC BANK Credit card, I have missed many times payment of card dues, Bank Permanently blocked my Card, I have paid all the dues whatever asked by bank done full payment, I am having NOC for this Credit card.

3. In July 2013 I have taken 50,000 Auto Loan from Bajaj Finance for 10 Months, I have missed installment 3-4 times, I have cleared this loan on 31st December 2014 instead of June 2014, I have Cleared all the dues whatever asked by Bajaj done full payment and I have NOC for this.

Right now I don’t have any credit card or loan, I have fetched my Cibil Score on 10th February 2015 and the score is 593 only.

How much time will it take to increase to 750 mark, Moreover How much time will it take to update my 3rd loan status in Cibil that I have mentioned as that I have cleared on 31st Dec 2014.

Could you please suggest me some ways to improve my score.

Avinash

Manikandan February 12, 2015 at 9:00 am

Dear sir,
My earlier CIBIL score is 674. After that i have tried few times for PL. Now my score is 590. Now only I came to know that is because of credit hungry. Is there any way to improve my CIBIL score sir. Can I approach any credit repair agency or wait for some time? Pls help me with your guidance sir.

dev February 16, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I have an existing loan which I am clearing on a regular basis with no defaults. also I had a loan about three years ago which I cleared without defaults. I wanted to know that I have missed only one payment on a credit card and once I cleared the patent the very next day I also closed my card this was about a year ago. Now my query is that the bank asked me a few no the ago if I wanted a card and I said ok. But the application got rejected twice due to a address discrepancy. After which I stopped trying. But will these two attempts and the one late payment adversely affect my score.. Because I am looking to study in a year or two and would definitely have to use lending products for that. Also NY present loan is for 5 years and I am only on year one. But I am in a position to clear that loan in two months but have been told that if I preclude a loan points of my score would be deducted. Is this all true.. I’m a little confused..

Jaya February 16, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Hello sir,

I had a cc 6-7 years back which had an outstanding of Rs. 2500. I somehow missed this payment. In 2013 the credit card company made an entry indicating default payment because of which my scroe came below 600. However I have closed this and I have a NOC from the bank and my score is 820 now. However in my cibil report the dpd Details for this payment is indicating that I had defaulted the payment. Will this affect my future loans. Is there anyway I can have this dpd detail removed

AMAR DEEP March 5, 2015 at 11:12 am

Hi, i have settled 3 credits cards and 2 personal loans and paid all emi of two wheeler loan.I have settlement letter of all banks.Currently i have taken car loan from Mahindra Finance and paying emi on time since last two years without any bounce.My current cibil score is 609.Kindly advice me how could i improve my Cibil score,i have settlet all credits cards an loans in 2012 and still its all showing in CIBIL record,is it withdrawn after certain period of time?what is the process to submit settlement letters of banks to Cibil for updatation.Is it possible to take home loan in future.

Amar Deep
9910333680

Manjunathswamy March 30, 2015 at 4:24 pm

In month of Dec’14, i took CIBIL report with NH, when i applied the personal loan that is get rejected, due to CIBIL score, when i applied the CIBIL score it shows as NH (3 reasons given) It is new account for CIBIL like that but how can cibil will give two type of report to bank & me

Gaurav April 8, 2015 at 3:14 am

My cibil score is 595 as I hav settled my credit card payment. If I make full payment to bank now so my cibil score will increase or not ?? If yes dan by how much points???

SantoshKumar April 21, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Iam in very critical situation due to my Cibil report,lot of times my personal loan applications got rejected.Main reasons are below:
1)I was having two credit cards from SBI and HDFC due to over burden i was not able to pay the minimum dues on dates and its paid very lately.Later I come to know I paid the lot of excess money as minimum dues, thats what I put those cards for settlement.SBI card totaly paid and got no due certificate,HDFC two EMI will pay coming months.

2) I was having a housing Loan later I paid it early due the sale of property

3)Some personal and Agricultural loan from Banks, those are alrady paid, but the same still showing in Cibil report.

Please help to find out the soluations to solve my Cibil issues.Really Iam trapped.

SANTHOSH KUMAR.A

srikanth April 25, 2015 at 8:59 am

I have an hdfc saving account with negative bal due to non maintenance of min bal. Account was dormant. Does it effect my cibil report. ?

shyam April 27, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Rahul Sharma May 7, 2015 at 12:24 am

Hi sir,

This is Rahul Sharma. My father has home laon and car loan. From the september 2014 we couldn’t pay the EMI properly. Now i tried for car loan then bank executive told me that u can’t take loan becuase your father name is in CIBIL list.Now we are in good financial condition and will pay EMI time to time. How we can remove my fathername from CIBIL list? Can i take loan again?Actually i am just 25 yrs old. Plz replyme as soon as possible.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanking you

Shashi May 12, 2015 at 10:26 pm

I settled a credit card in Jan 2014 due to some financial crisis. I have currently going through 1 home loan and 1 credit card for which I am paying it on time till the time I had taken. Home loan I had taken 1 and half year back and none of my ESI has been bounced and 1 credit card I had taken 5 years back and making payment on time. I have to apply for personal loan, please advice if it is good time to apply or bank will reject my application.

HANS RAJ May 16, 2015 at 12:47 pm

sir,
please confirm the pre approved lone mean & how much time in process the lone

thanks

hans raj

Anirudh May 18, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Since the time i have been using credit facilities i.e. credit card, personal loan finance etc, I have not bounced a single payment but few months back i cleared all the dues on my credit card somehow i was shock the on one of my card they reflected a due of Rs.25oo/- as some foreclosure fee which i had already paid by making access payment and also confirmed by the bank customer care. Now these guys keep on issuing new statement every month with all kind of late fee etc. and are not resolving this issue from 7 seven months, on calling upon customer care they agree that i have made an access payment so their is no due on card and on other hand they keep on issuing new statement everymonth.. On putting a request mail to bank they always keep on requsting for more time and this is affecting my cibil score? Pls help. Also let me know if this issue gets resolved would my cibil score be back to what it was and will it affect my furture transactions with the banks? Thank You.

sathish May 21, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Hi my civil score is 500, and filled as an defaulter. i have not paid credit card loan intrest for past 7 months. If I now settle the full intrest how long it takes to not an defaulter and wat will be the score.please guide me how long it takes time to get civil score After full payment.